Esteemed Contributor

Re: Georgia is reopening

[ Edited ]

Well I wish them luck, but I disagree with these states opening. Its way too soon. People should research the Spanish flu. They thought it was ok and millions died. Praying that doesn't happen here, way too many have died already.

Also the Doctors said this is going to be bad again in Winter. I hope they're wrong but I believe our medical people over anyone else.

Also I cant get over how people cant sit home for weeks to a few months. Do you know what our ancestors did? They fought wars and lived through the great depression. Don't understand why people need to go out now. 

I know people need money. I understand. We all do, but Id rather be broke than dead.. When our state finally opens I will be taking the same precautions im taking now.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Again, I think many are missing the point that for many of us, if you don't work, you have no home to sit in.  Still haven't heard an answer to my earlier question as to how we afford to do that.  

And the homeless were kicked out of the airport which is the one well lit place open for them to safely sleep in after the shelters closed or were overwhelmed.  Where do you want us to shelter in place once our funds are exhausted which for many they are?

Some good news for you: many businesses will remain closed because they don't think they'll have the business to afford their bills which are currently in forebearance.  

Bad news: their lenders may force them to open anyway because they want to start being paid again on their business loans.

Lots of tough choices being made all around.  If you are sheltered without needing to work, consider yourself very blessed.  

Trusted Contributor

So the 14 day show of decline in cases is a bunch of BS by politicians??????? Georgia has not demonstrated a decline for two weeks, in fact I am not aware of any state that has done so.

Respected Contributor

Re: Georgia is reopening

[ Edited ]

@plmokn 

about your comment:

<<An estimated 80,000 Americans died last year of flu and its complications last winter, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. This means it was the deadliest season in more than four decades -- since 1976>>

You need to recheck those figures about the number of flu deaths over a LONG period of time, versus the number of (so far) known Covid deaths in a very short period of time.

Nothing being reported even comes close to the false statistics you have posted.

Check what you write before you write it.  Or at least post the source of your information........or is it just your opinion masquerading as information?

Former  U.S. President Abraham Lincoln once said  "you can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all of the time".  

QVC Customer Care

***closed for commenting***