Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gender Neutral Bathrooms

To quote DH that is a cr#ppy idea!
Respected Contributor

Will these gender neutral bathrooms have urinals along a wall for the guys to walk up to & do their business or would the guys have to use a stall?

Honored Contributor

On 2/4/2015 sylviahomeatlast said: if I'm in a stall and a man comes in to use a urinal when I'm leaving-------NOT !!!!!!!
Apparently, they're all stalls.
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

It doesn't really bother me.

But then, we had a unisex bathroom on my dorm floor at college, back in the early 1980's.

The floor was unisex as well, and was then called the "Social Awareness Corridor". It was really great, as there was a nice mix of different lifestyles among us. 8)

Kinda ahead of it's time, and since no one wished to go down to the 3rd floor and then down the hall to use the 'appropriate' bathrooms (especially when it was urgent, LOL), we all just used the one in the middle of the 4th floor. Smiley Wink

ETA: although I'm way more private now than I was at 18, so...

Honored Contributor

On 2/5/2015 aubnwa01 said:

Will these gender neutral bathrooms have urinals along a wall for the guys to walk up to & do their business or would the guys have to use a stall?

{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Guys have to use a stall anyway, for #2. Cool

Respected Contributor

On 2/5/2015 feline groovy said:
On 2/5/2015 aubnwa01 said:

{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Guys have to use a stall anyway, for #2. Cool

Maybe ,if the guys have to wait for a stall to vacate at a busy place so they can use it, there will be more restrooms?

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/4/2015 sylviahomeatlast said: if I'm in a stall and a man comes in to use a urinal when I'm leaving-------NOT !!!!!!!

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

No, I don't like the idea at all. Yes, we share bathrooms at home with each other but we aren't in there at the same time, we each have our own enclosed toilets and I also know him.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

No way I would use a public bathroom with men in it. I don't even like to use one with women in it. I like to P alone.

Honored Contributor

On 2/4/2015 Sushismom said:

I don't have any problems with it. My bathroom at home is gender neutral.

And I assume you're familiar with the moral fiber of the people who use it, unlike a public facility.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment