Honored Contributor

Re: Gender Neutral Bathrooms

Maybe someone already mentioned it, but the bathrooms on airplanes are unisex and people don't seem to get huffy about those ! {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Honored Contributor

I've been hearing about this idea for a long time and I don't support it.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't favor it but I could live with it... I've been in gender neutral bathrooms and believe me, there are disgusting people of both genders...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I didn't think this was anything new. There have been one seaters that just say ""Restroom"" all over for ages.
Honored Contributor

On 2/5/2015 Smaug said:
On 2/5/2015 bikerbabe said:
On 2/5/2015 Smaug said:
On 2/5/2015 Lucibee said: I read post 43 Gato. I just think sometimes a thread takes a on a life of its own.

ITA.

The news reports I read dated Feb 3rd and 4th say "single-stall bathroom".

I don't know where the OP got multiple stall.

And they all mention this step is to help guarantee the safety of the transgender community which the OP completely omitted.

Aren't Single stall restrooms already gender-neutral by definition? When there's only one bathroom everyone uses it.

You would think right?

There's a specific message behind this. You can read more at KRQE:

"...KRQE News 13 spoke with Gonzales (the Santa Fe mayor) Wednesday and asked him why he thinks it’s necessary.

“It’s a small way to go that sends a very loud message to young kids and others in the transgender community,” Gonzales said…"

It was KRQE hat reported every public restroom in the city would become gender neutral. I heard it myself. They went into detail. Something got mixed up somewhere. Their interpretation was not what the mayor actually said.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

On 2/5/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:

Maybe someone already mentioned it, but the bathrooms on airplanes are unisex and people don't seem to get huffy about those ! {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

In all my years of flying, I've managed to avoid using the airplane restroom on all flights except one. I never drink before or during a flight.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

"The mayor of Santa Fe wants to make every public restroom in the city gender neutral. If a bathroom has multiple stalls, you could have a man using the one next to you".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had this happen in my nightmares.

He's got to be kidding.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/5/2015 Cakers1 said:

Not to mention men never put the darn seat down. lol

Plus they make more of a mess, too, if you know what I mean.

Bad idea just for the hink factor.

You hit the nail on the head. They are dirty. Although I've been in some women's restrooms that make me question female cleanliness/hygiene.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/5/2015 Kachina624 said:
On 2/5/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:

In all my years of flying, I've managed to avoid using the airplane restroom on all flights except one. I never drink before or during a flight.

I avoid it at all costs too. The airplane restroom has to be the dirtiest/grossest bathroom of all. I've walked by on my way out of the plane and made the mistake of glancing in... bodily fluids all over the toilet and floor, etc... no thanks!

Honored Contributor

Having children using them, would be an issue .