Honored Contributor

In college we "girls" would play poker every Friday night for pennies.  LOL

No boyfriends allowed.

Now I miss them even more.  *sigh*

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

We like to play 31.

I guess I haven’t heard of this one. There are many fun games out there.

Honored Contributor
Balderdash is the most fun game I’ve ever played.
Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

Mahjong once or twice a week 

@jackthebear

Hi jack! I am proud to announce that my skills have improved considerably. I "practice" most days by playing a few of the League's complimentary games online, but that is so much easier than playing with real people. 

I admit I still break out in a sweat at the table trying to formulate a Mahj, keep track of what is/has been discarded and any jokers I might be able to take. Thankfully the women I play with are very patient and have provided some real (and embarassing) learning experiences along the way.😱

Honored Contributor

Question for Moms or Grand Moms  today.....

Do kids today play board games... do puzzles.....play games like "Mother May I" and badminton/ roller skating  outside?  We were always playing when I grew up in the  50's and 60's as a child... TV was limited... of course no Internet or such to stimulate our minds.   

So what  games/ fun do kids say age 5-12 play or do today in 2018? I am very out of touch with young people at  my age (62) and I chose to be child free... so I never had kids to buy for over the years....

Thanks to the Moms that can get me up to date! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden, Our son is 23 and when he was under 10 years old, we would play Monopoly and Uno. And he thought our outside games were weird. So no tag, red rover come over, hide and seek outside (we did play inside when he was much younger). 

Thank God we only allowed him one hour a day to play video games that he never got hooked on them. He did have a Nintendo Cube and then an Nintendo Wii for when he had sleepovers. 

He texts a lot but he rarely calls, I have to text and say, I want to hear your voice. 

Respected Contributor

BOGGLE - Word search game

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden my grandkids age 4 and 5 do puzzles,color,draw,  and play outside, they do not play electronics stuff and watch very little TV

Respected Contributor

We have two large bookcases in the basement stacked with practically every board game and card game ever made.  Yet we have a hard time agreeing on what to play.  The safe bets are usually Catch Phrase, Outburst, Euchre, and Spades.

Honored Contributor

Lots of new games to check out and some oldies but goodies too. I loved balderdash but I must have lost it in a move. I love Mahjong as well. 

My my kids are teens but yes, they loved active games like mother may I, hopscotch, arts and crafts, floor puzzles, board games etc they still like board games, cards and dominoes except my son. Lol