Esteemed Contributor

"Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering."

-Nicholas Krauss

"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds.  And that's what you've given me.  That's what I'd hoped to give you forever."

-Nicholas Sparks

"Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back.  Those who wish to sing always find a song.  At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet."

-Plato

"I have decided to stick to love,...Hate is too great a burden to bear."

-Martin Luther King Jr.

"He's more myself than I am.  Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."

-Emily Bronte

"You know, when it works, love is pretty amazing.  It's not overrated.  There's a reason for all those songs."

-Sarah Dessen

"We waste time looking for the perfect love, instead of creating the perfect love."

-Tom Robbins

"Sometimes love means letting go when you want to hold on tighter."

-Melissa Marr

"Love doesn't make the world go 'round.  Love is what makes the ride worthwhile."

-Franklin P. Jones

"Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attaches simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses."

-Lao Tzu

"Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take a ride with you when the limo breaks down."

-Oprah Winfrey

"There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love.  When we are afraid, we pull back from life.  When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance.  We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections.  If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create.  Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open hearted vision of people who embrace life."

-John Lennon

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam