Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Don't you just hate that most stores have these stupid restocking fees now???

Cost $100 for NOTHING!!!!!!!! Bought a chair we liked and put another on order due

to the fact they only had one. Decided we didn't like it enough to get the other one so

cancelled the order in a very short time. Not like it was weeks. And BOOM they

charge a restocking fee. It is very aggravating and nothing you can do about it!!!!

Just makes ya mad though.

Regular Contributor

LOL guess no one has had any experience like this one Smiley Happy you are lucky then cuz its so not

right of these companies. They should want your business not make you never shop there again!

Super Contributor
On 3/8/2014 Glitter Fairy said:

LOL guess no one has had any experience like this one Smiley Happy you are lucky then cuz its so not

right of these companies. They should want your business not make you never shop there again!

It seems to be in the small print. I have noticed on ebay a lot of sellers are charging re-stocking fees for returns. Sorry that happened to you...

Super Contributor
That really stinks! $100 is a lot of $$. I would have really tried to get out of paying it. Guess they weren't bothered that you prob will never go back again (as well as you telling everyone: bad publicity).
Honored Contributor
On 3/7/2014 Glitter Fairy said:

Don't you just hate that most stores have these stupid restocking fees now???

Cost $100 for NOTHING!!!!!!!! Bought a chair we liked and put another on order due

to the fact they only had one. Decided we didn't like it enough to get the other one so

cancelled the order in a very short time. Not like it was weeks. And BOOM they

charge a restocking fee. It is very aggravating and nothing you can do about it!!!!

Just makes ya mad though.

I have never and will never purchase anything from any store, online or retail, that has a restocking fee.

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

My son ordered a college math textbook that somehow was soooo delayed that Amazon told him to reorder the item, and then return one copy if/when he got a duplicate. Each book was $200. The 're-stocking' fee was 30%. I thought that was horrible.

He got the second order first, and much later, got the first book. I forgot it was in my trunk to mail back to Amazon, and ended up putting a snow-covered wreath from my dh's grave in the trunk, the snow melted and ruined the book.

So, now, we're out the full $200 instead of just the re-stocking fee. Smiley Sad

Regular Contributor

Thank you. It is sure not good for customers. I wont go back and wont ever

recommend this place. I am sure $100 means nothing to them since they have been in business since 1905 LOL yet due to their stupid fees they are losing a good customer. oy.

Super Contributor

May I ask ... what store?

Esteemed Contributor

If the chair was custom made....I can see why there was a cancelation fee...

I am guessing you didn't think to ask about fees before you placed your order....$100.00 is a lot to pay for nothing....the chair must have been quite pricey....

About QVC's Restocking FEES !!

[ Edited ]

I am really disappointed with the policy of your restocking fee.  We are already charged shipping and handling on each item even if shipped on same order.

I think this policy should be done away with to encourage more buyers, it's not our fault if the item needs to be returned and we should NOT have to pay what feels like a penalty for buying items on QVC.

I am certain they (QVC) can afford to walk a item back to where it belongs without charging people this Restocking Fee. I am truly disappointed and it seems greedy to me on their part.

I do love QVC but this alone is making me change my mind about newer purchases in the future.