Honored Contributor

Re: GLOVES.....Think outside the box....

@grandma r wrote:

If you need to go out, use disposable gloves to open doors, press elevator buttons, pay for prescriptions,  touch money, etc.  I keep a package in the car.  Prior to getting into your vehicle take them off and discard.  I keep a freezer bag to put used gloves in and discard in the trash.  Wash hands as soon as you get home.

Beauty supply places usually have disposable gloves if other stores are out.

I don't toss the ones I wear once.  I use them for even dirtier jobs.  Like pumping gas.  I wear the clear latex gloves to weed and deadhead my front yards because ignorant people let their dogs come up and pee on my flowers and shrubs.  I wear them to pull the trash barrels back up to the house.  I wear them to empty the litter box.  I wear them to pick up trash on the beach.  Lots of times I can get away with just wearing one on my right hand.  I wouldn't waste gloves just after one use.

Valued Contributor

I use them to pick up dog poop in the yard. 

Also for prepping food like rubbing down chicken, etc. with oil because it makes it easier to wash my hands after.

Honored Contributor

I found a pkg of 100 plastic gloves at Dollar Tree. whoo hoo!
Honored Contributor

Costco has a pack of ten prs of garden gloves for $10. They are the silicone ones with a grippy palm...I normally don’t use them because they are so dang hot to wear....but now may be the time to give them a try
Esteemed Contributor

If you can't find gloves....plastic bags will work.  Turn them inside out when you remove them and discard.

Poop bags will suffice if needed!

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 

@Kachina624 wrote:

What do you need gloves for?  I just wash my hands.

Gas pumps, shopping carts, public door handles.  I started last month at Costco has pump.