Honored Contributor

2 Cartloads Full Of Toilet Paper

Home Depot's website said they had toilet paper this morning, so I went there to buy some.  The sales associate standing at the door said that a man had just bought two full shopping carts of toilet paper, which was all they had.

I asked why they weren't limiting the quantity.  She said they were just getting ready to put up the sign, but since it wasn't already up the man wouldn't put them back.  I don't know why they couldn't make him, but that's what she said.  

I assume I'll be able to find some soon.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Re: 2 Cartloads Full Of Toilet Paper

@NickNack 

Sorry this happened to you.  I ordered from Amazon.  I have Prime, but they gave me a six day delivery window, it arrived in 2 days.

Best wishes to you, Hugs and Tickles to Frankie and Henry. 🤗 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe   I checked Amazon yesterday, and they didn't have what I wanted.  I'm not desperate yet, so wanted to stick with my brand.  I'm so glad you got what you needed.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Two weeks ago I had 2-20 packs of tp and a 15 count of paper towels.  Store had a deal you'd get $15 dollars off your order if you bought (I think) $35 worth of products.

So basically one big pack was free.  I always get bargains for things like that as I stock more than two houses (I share with DS and DIL, too, when I buy big quantity).

I left them in the back of my Suburban as I was getting ready to pack it up for a trip up north.  Took the car to my trusty neighborhood service station for a tune-up and oil change.  Someone there helped themselves to two rolls of toilet paper.

I didn't realize this until I opened the passenger side back door days later.

I'm not taking any of our vehicles there again for service or gas.  If you can't trust your mechanic.....

Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

I had to check back for two or three days to get what I wanted - 

Charmin - Sensitive - Aloe - Eco Friendly.

Silly when I think about it.  But it rolled right in this morning!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm Smiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised Are you kidding me?  I guess you should consider yourself lucky they left the other 18.  

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Two weeks ago I had 2-20 packs of tp and a 15 count of paper towels.  Store had a deal you'd get $15 dollars off your order if you bought (I think) $35 worth of products.

So basically one big pack was free.  I always get bargains for things like that as I stock more than two houses (I share with DS and DIL, too, when I buy big quantity).

I left them in the back of my Suburban as I was getting ready to pack it up for a trip up north.  Took the car to my trusty neighborhood service station for a tune-up and oil change.  Someone there helped themselves to two rolls of toilet paper.

I'm not taking any of our vehicles there again for service or gas.  If you can't trust your mechanic.....

@Lucky Charm you should at least call them and tell them why they lost a customer.  Otherwise, they might not know they lost a loyal customer over something so petty.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm  wow, how awful.  I must confess, I had hand sanitizer in my console and wondered if someone would try to steal it.  I wasn't sure I locked my door that day in the parking lot.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Lucky Charm you should at least call them and tell them why they lost a customer.  Otherwise, they might not know they lost a loyal customer over something so petty.

I am sure they will figure it out.  The mechanic was out working on a jet ski when we went to pick it up.  I said Hi to him as I walked to get my vehicle and he just grunted and wouldn't look at me.  I remember thinking that was odd.  He is the bread winner of the gas station, he works for his father in law.  I guess my business was petty to him or his father-in-law.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm I'd still make one last trip to use their bathroom facilities and walk out very prominently with a TP roll under each arm.