New Contributor

Fun with UPS shipping - Curious how accurate this is

So I'm so excited that my order finally shipped today and have been watching the UPS tracking of the package to see if there is a clue on when it will arrive. The EDD was supposed to be 10/7 but it was processing all day.  Just for fun, I looked to see if there was a way to track the UPS flights and came across this site

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/UPS772/history/20151008/0710Z/KSDF/KIAH

http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KSDF/arrivals/airline?;offset=60;order=actualarrivaltime;sort=DE...

And based on the departure scan time that my order left Richmond,VA at 22:05 and the arrival scan in Louisville, KY at 23:26, I figured that it was on the UPS flight 1231 that departed at 10:13 pm and arrived at 11:22 pm.  I'm curious if the next departure scan in Louisville will be around 03:05 for the UPS flight 772 which is scheduled to arrive in Houston at 04:05.  If so, then I just might have my package by lunch time!!!  Whoop whoop!  lol

Sorry, I've been off of work since June due to an injury so it doesn't take much to entertain me lately.  Just thought it was kind of neat to maybe watch and see how it works. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Fun with UPS shipping - Curious how accurate this is

LOL! Don't be sorry for finding something interesting to do with your time.  I never knew we could find the flight our package goes on.

Hope you do get your order when you're expecting it, & hope you're on the mend!

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the well wishes, Im due to have knee surgery in the next couple of weeks, waiting on workers' comp to approve it. Then looking at probably 4-6 weeks of non weight bearing recovery and who knows after that.  At this rate, I may not make it back to work until 2016!

I'm not 100% sure that I have found the flight lol just thought I'd Google a little bit, and comparing the scan times and airport times, a little investigating...It's just GOT to be on that flight.  My luck it'll go on the flight to San Antonio then work it's way east and show up on Friday.  The flight is scheduled to leave in 30 mins so I'll have to see if there's a new scan.  ;-)

Respected Contributor

Wow, it never occurred to me that we could track the flight my ponte knit pants are on.  Honestly though, QVC doesn't sell anything that I need that bad....    I'm ok with the shipping times.

Honored Contributor

@Meggs  Welcome to the boards! 

I absolutely love your Avatar!  Butts of running piglets - adorable!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

That's great you can track the flight of your UPS package. Mine mostly come by ground freight and I can track my package that way. The worst tracking is when QVC sends my packages out by UPS Surepost that then get sent to the USPS. I once never got the package from USPS as there was no tracking on it.

Esteemed Contributor

For my packages, I figure that it'll get to me when it gets to me.

Honored Contributor

UPS clearly recycles tracking numbers.  I say this because I received an email from another store saying my order shipped and they gave me the tracking number.  When I clicked on it, today, October 9, 2015, in the great State of Michigan, I saw this and did a double take:

Delivered on : Thursday

03/27/14, at 01:08 PM
Delivered

Left At : front door

Tracking Details

LocationDateLocal TimeActivity
NEW KENSINGTON, PA, US03/27/1401:08 PMDelivered
There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise