Honored Contributor

Fun Things I Like To do While at Home!

[ Edited ]

I like to see how fast I can unload the dishwasher and then how fast I can fold the laundry!

Don't you think that sounds like fun lol?!😄 

I imagine myself putting on a great makeup job and drying my hair and doing my nails and then think nah.

Then get something to drink and eat and watch something great on tv! Or songs on youtube. 

My mind seems constantly hungry but I'm really not. Anyone else feel this way? 

Then read a few pages and try to drift off.

And what fun exciting things do you do?!

Course this is when I'm not helping with grandkids during the day which actually can be excitingHeart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Re: Fun Things I Like To do While at Home!

I gravitate from the TV to the computer and back, doing a few chores along the way.

Recording old movies I've never seen:  watched "Bullet" today (yawn) and recording "Lawrence of Arabia" as I type.  Also watched a Spielberg documentary I'd seen before and enjoyed.

Play more Publisher's Clearing House games than is healthy, but at least occupies my mind to keep it off the depessing stuff.

That's the extent of MY exciting & fun-filled life.   Woman LOL

Denise
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

😄 Even though we've never met, probably live 3,000 miles apart (just throwing a number out,) and hours different, we're in sync this morning. I was just reading your post when I received a notice that you 'hearted' one of my earlier posts. 

Yes, have often thought of doing a facial, putting on makeup, mani/pedi, and a lot of times said 'nah', too. Getting ready to do my nails this morning, but not the makeup. First, I have a watermelon to cut up. I do the snack, too, while watching TV, and reading, looking at Pinterest, etc. Have also been working on jigsaw puzzles 🧩 too.

Enjoy your day! 🙂

F/N/A luvstogarden
Respected Contributor

I love Sodoku!  It can be very satisfying, yet challenging and it gives your brain quite a workout!  I am always surprised how fast time passes... The dollar store usually has books , on the cheap!! 

Honored Contributor

I timed myself in the past while figuring out how to do things with less effort, more efficiency, eliminating unnecessary steps, but still getting the same result so I could get more done in less time.

Companies hire "Time Management" experts to get that type of efficiency from their employees. 

Honored Contributor

@Mimi 1883 =

Awww! What a great post!

Waving to you across the country!🤗

Somehow it reminds me of our beautiful song-America the beautiful, "from sea to shining sea." I'd probably cry if I heard it now.

ps-my grandson who is only 4 is so much better at even many tiny pieces of jigsaw puzzles than me. He does it by colorSmiley HappyWoman Happy

Two Seagulls Flying Over The Shining Sea Stock Photo, Picture And ...

Have a good Sunday everyone!

Let's make it good!Heart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes I get in a multi-task mood. Dishwasher on, fold clothes, wipe off countertop, sanitize sink, start dinner.... It's like a dance. Other times I listen to audio books and do thorough cleaning with no one in the house. It's zen time for me. Watching grandson since daycare is closed -- I'm so missing my productive zen time. It's like multi-tasking all day long! 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@jeanlake -

It is like a multi tasking dance isn't it?

Reading your post felt like seeing myself in a video!

Honored Contributor

Gone full circle and I'm back to loading up on cookbooks.  I thought I was over it, turns out, nope!!  Back to baking and cooking and reading cookbooks. So, I'm back to full circle, and cookbooks.   Some recipes look so good!!! I do enjoy my cookbooks.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal -

That sounds so like my mother!

She reads recipes like novelsSmiley Happy