Contributor

Frustrated With Order Processing Time

What on earth takes QVC 3 days to ship an order? I live on the West Coast so my shipping time almost always takes the full 10 days but by the time QVC ships the order, I am almost two weeks from time something is ordered until I receive. It is so frustrating! The only reason I order from them anymore is when they have something that I can't find anywhere else. Shipping time does not bother me but the amount of time it takes them to ship something out is ridiculous. Maybe they need to hire more people?

Honored Contributor

Re: Frustrated With Order Processing Time

ITA!!!!!

I've ordered several things from the Q recently, including a couple of Valentine gifts for my daughter.

NOTHING was shipped out for days and nothing was tracked. Days and days later, checking "Tracking," the only message is Billing Received.

I've always done UPS Blue when I wanted something on time, and now I find myself doing that more and more often.

My girl just got a promotion/raise and I ordered a nice large work tote for her as a gift, Blue of course. That was days ago. No tracking yet.

Their shabby shipping process really angers me {#emotions_dlg.angry}

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

ps I am also on the West Coast.

Super Contributor

And if they shipped things out 10 minutes after completing the order, people would be screaming that it was too fast, that they couldn't change/cancel their order.

QVC just can't win.

They are darned if they do, and darned if they don't.

I would never order anything from QVC that I needed to have in my hot little hands by tomorrow.

That's what local shopping is for.

Contributor

On 2/10/2015 Plaid Pants said:

And if they shipped things out 10 minutes after completing the order, people would be screaming that it was too fast, that they couldn't change/cancel their order.

QVC just can't win.

I would never order anything from QVC that I needed to have in my hot little hands by tomorrow.

Did I say that I was requesting shipping in 10 minutes? There is quite a difference between 10 minutes and three days. How about 24 hours? You obviously have a challenges with reading what is posted. I did not say I needed to have it in my hands tomorrow....if that was the case, I would not have ordered from QVC. I simply stated that their processing time of 3 days is too long. Where you get that I expect 10 minutes is beyond me.

Honored Contributor

QVC just can't win.

Nope, don't agree with you.

Amazon ships out almost right away, and I suspect they ship a lot more than QVC does. I get my orders from Amazon in two days.

There's no excuse for Q shipping to take two weeks. This is 2015, unfortunately, QVC hasn't noticed and hasn't bothered to partner with UPS for better service.

Super Contributor

It's no big deal for me if an order takes three days before shipping.

I'm patient.

I can wait.

Honored Contributor

On 2/10/2015 Mgraw Fan said:

QVC just can't win.

Did I say that I was requesting shipping in 10 minutes? There is quite a difference between 10 minutes and three days. How about 24 hours? You obviously have a challenges with reading what is posted. I did not say I needed to have it in my hands tomorrow....if that was the case, I would not have ordered from QVC. I simply stated that their processing time of 3 days is too long. Where you get that I expect 10 minutes is beyond me.

I've had many incidents of processing being 6 days.

ps I hate it when people twist what's said. No, you did not say 10 minutes {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Honored Contributor

It's no big deal for me if an order takes three days before shipping.

I'm patient.

I can wait.

Some of us give out numerous gifts. Celebrations aren't something we can always sit back and hope makes it to us by way of Pony Express time.

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, it's just the way it is with QVC orders, except for perishable food.

I always evaluate, before making an order, if I can get it somewhere faster, or if I don't need it that quickly, etc. If I'm not in a hurry and nobody else has the item for a comparable price, I go ahead. If it's somewhere else, like Amazon, for a comparable price (usually less), I go ahead and get it there. I also know I'll get it much quicker (1 to 2 days max) and I get 3points per dollar spent there on my Amazon card.

So, the moral of the story is - just figure out which is the best choice and just know what the terms are.

Also know that once they say the order has shipped it's usually another 3-5 days (except for perishable food items) before it ACTUALLY ships, so you can tack that on. But I seldom have gotten an order that took longer than the ETA originally given.

I'm west coast adjacent so it can be frustrating when most of the categories from which I order come from their Sacramento area warehouse. This is one day from me, with UPS Ground. But I know that QVC takes 3-5 days for processing and another 3-5 days before it actually ships from the time they say it shipped. So it will take 7-9 days to get here from just 120 miles down the freeway.