Honored Contributor

Re: Frustrated With Order Processing Time

On 2/10/2015 chickenbutt said:

Unfortunately, it's just the way it is with QVC orders, except for perishable food.

I always evaluate, before making an order, if I can get it somewhere faster, or if I don't need it that quickly, etc. If I'm not in a hurry and nobody else has the item for a comparable price, I go ahead. If it's somewhere else, like Amazon, for a comparable price (usually less), I go ahead and get it there. I also know I'll get it much quicker (1 to 2 days max) and I get 3points per dollar spent there on my Amazon card.

So, the moral of the story is - just figure out which is the best choice and just know what the terms are.

Also know that once they say the order has shipped it's usually another 3-5 days (except for perishable food items) before it ACTUALLY ships, so you can tack that on. But I seldom have gotten an order that took longer than the ETA originally given.

I'm west coast adjacent so it can be frustrating when most of the categories from which I order come from their Sacramento area warehouse. This is one day from me, with UPS Ground. But I know that QVC takes 3-5 days for processing and another 3-5 days before it actually ships from the time they say it shipped. So it will take 7-9 days to get here from just 120 miles down the freeway.

7-9 days? You're lucky, CB, 10 to 14 is standard where I am.

And hello to you Smile

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

I find it depends where it's shipping from.

I'm really lucky, I guess. I get my things on average about 3-4 days from the time I place my order. I have no idea why.

I did order one item from HSN in December. It took 6 days to process. I called to complain and they refunded my shipping.

Honored Contributor

Hey Noel! Well, it's usually 7-9 days IF the item I ordered comes from Sacto. If it comes from across the country it will be longer. Lock & Lock, and some of other kitchen small stuff, usually comes from Sacto. Smiley Happy I don't order much from QVC anymore. I get my money's worth from Amazon Prime!

Hope this finds you well! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Honored Contributor

On 2/10/2015 chickenbutt said:

Hey Noel! Well, it's usually 7-9 days IF the item I ordered comes from Sacto. If it comes from across the country it will be longer. Lock & Lock, and some of other kitchen small stuff, usually comes from Sacto. Smiley Happy I don't order much from QVC anymore. I get my money's worth from Amazon Prime!

Hope this finds you well! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

I'm good! I hope you are, also {#emotions_dlg.wub}

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Years ago I ordered 2-day air! After 4 days and no order I called CS. Was told it was ""2-day delivery AFTER it leaves the warehouse""? Huh! Got my extra shipping fee refunded and have not ordered that way here since. Overnight Air to me means the next day at my door and 2-Air means ""at my door my door in 2 days"". Not from Amazon that's for sure.
hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

I think Q's processing and shipping is very hit or miss. I placed on order on the 8th and it is scheduled for delivery on the 12th according to UPS.

Now that may sound fast but it is coming from Doraville, Ga., approximately 117 miles from the destination address.

Super Contributor

On 2/10/2015 NoelSeven said:
On 2/10/2015 Plaid Pants said:

It's no big deal for me if an order takes three days before shipping.

I'm patient.

I can wait.

Some of us give out numerous gifts. Celebrations aren't something we can always sit back and hope makes it to us by way of Pony Express time.

If one needs a gift that urgently, shop locally.

Then there is no need to fret over it will get there in time.

Easy-peasy, lemon squeezy.

Honored Contributor

No question there are faster shippers. I'm rarely in a hurry so the 5 to 6 days total time which is usual for me is okay.

I wonder if Amazon is hitting some sort of wall. They did raise Prime 20% and for small buyers who don't want the streaming, it's already expensive. It's really inexpensive if you order often. I know that. In addition to that big increase, I've been asked on each of my last 2 orders if I'd be willing to accept slower delivery if they gave me a dollar - TOWARD ANOTHER PURCHASE!!! That's not a big deal, Mr. Bezos. You're asking me to spend more money so you can save. One dollar and only toward what they want me to buy! Really? I can't use my dollar for what I really want? Now I think Amazon thinks I'm stupid.

Honored Contributor

Don't get me started on how long it takes to process returns that have been delivered to their warehouses and shown as such.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

On 2/10/2015 hckynut said: Years ago I ordered 2-day air! After 4 days and no order I called CS. Was told it was ""2-day delivery AFTER it leaves the warehouse""? Huh! Got my extra shipping fee refunded and have not ordered that way here since. Overnight Air to me means the next day at my door and 2-Air means ""at my door my door in 2 days"". Not from Amazon that's for sure.

They pulled that nonsense with me too They are just so freaking clueless.