Respected Contributor

Re: Front Loader or Top Loader?

Speed Queen is the BEST ----- no frills, just the basics. Had a HE without agitator and never felt the clothes came out clean. I have a set of white sheets that looked dingy, washed them in the Speed Queen and now they are white. 

Valued Contributor

The washer and dryer thread comes up alot on here. I cant say this enough. The SpeedQueen top loader beats them all. All of the feautures of an old mom and pop style and best of all MADE IN AMERICA!!!! Wonderful wonderful appliance.

Beckyblu

Respected Contributor

Never have had a front loader. I think I am totally paranoid that the door will somehow mysteriously fly open and all the water will gush out!! Seriously. Strange. I know... So, top loader it is!! 

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

I have 2 relatives and 4 frends who have front loading washing machines.  They all hate them.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I have a top loader.

I never got on the front loader band wagon.  Everyone I know that has one hated them. 

I like to be able to open the lid and check the water level or add something to the load.

Respected Contributor

I have a new LG front load washer and dryer and I love them both.  The LG front load washer was top rated in Consumer Reports. 

Model # WM3670HVA  in the new graphite color.  (Comes in white, red or graphite).   

There is some care needed with a front loader unlike a top loader. It takes me less than 60 seconds to wipe the inside of the front load door (window area) and wipe the bottom of the interior washer gasket at the end of my wash load for the day.

I leave the washer door open at all times so any droplets of water doesn't have a chance to mildew inside.

My clothes get super clean and the washer/dryer are very quiet.  I barely hear either running.  

Trusted Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Speed queen , after a lifetime of washers, this is the best i have ever had.

Love, love, love my Speed Queen! Best washer ever!

Esteemed Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

I can relate, I've had three front loaders. One was ok, the other two rarely spun enough water out and had the moldy smell in the door gasket. I've had a top loading Whirlpool at my desert house for ten years and I LOVE IT ! it has extra huge load capacity and hand wash cycles that are great. I wouldn't trade it for anything. 

I've had my Whirlpool top loader and dryer for 21 years.  Have had washer fixed twice and dryer never except I hardly use it because I hang outside.   I have always had Whirlpool and would never get a front loader. 

Respected Contributor

Another happy Speed Queen owner here.  I bought this when my beloved Kenmore finally bit the dust after 25+ years.

No fancy bells and whistles.  Can choose temperature, water level, and type of load.  Basic stuff, but all I need.

I figured if a Speed Queen could handle the constant laundry at my hairdressers it should work for me too.

Trusted Contributor

My next washer will be a top loader. Not happy with front loader at all.

F/N/A luvstogarden