Honored Contributor

Re: Friend turned MK representative-not the same.

@nun ya wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

Tell her you are allergic to it. Woman Surprised

I don't know anyone who sells this, anymore.

Back in the day there was some good products.

My friend fell for being a rep and buying their starter kit. She didn't make any money, or get the pink car.

I had a friend who did my makeup for a portfolio. I looked like a street walker LOL

I remember driving home, thinking if anyone sees me .......

Nuh...uh?? Nun-ya?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

I'd seriously ask myself if this person has been this pushy all along (and my guess is probably yes), and why I have maintained a relationship this long with her.

On the chance that it is the new involvement with MK and they are that incredibly obnoxious with their 'business plan', then I'd sit her down and tell her that this huge change in her and the completely intrusive insistence that others get on board with her new interest is going to cost her a lot of relationships. 

Do these people not see how over the top they get when the become immersed in these schemes? If you do consider her a friend and want to attempt to save the relationship, be blunt, honest, and loud about it.

Regular Contributor

Yes, MK is Mary Kay and yes it is still around!  I am not saying it's a bad product, it's just not for me.  A very long time ago when I was in my 20's I tried it-did the facial/party thing and broke out so badly from it.    I honestly do not know anyone who uses MK.

Thank you for your replies.  I do hope she does well. She is a teacher and she makes good money, so does her husband.  She just keeps saying the reason she decided to do it was to time to do something for herself as her 2 kids are moving away/going off to college.

I went to that pink website and goodness.  Those stories are awful!  The company seems to be very shady.  I wonder if she did any research before deciding to do this. 

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

http://www.pinktruth.com/2014/07/31/the-truth-about-the-mary-kay-pink-cadillac/

They don't get to keep the car, if's a co-lease. Got to make the sales quotas each month or they have to pay part of the payment, all ,or taken away.

There are about 1300 pink cars on the road. 0.2% .  (out of 600,000 consultant's.)

That's interesting...... there' one up here where we live.... (no comment).

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I remember years ago my best friend at the time, was taken in by Amway.  I thought I would help her by purchasing some things, however when I asked how much each item cost, she wouldn't tell me. I guess that it was part of the deal, cost is not important because the product is so superior, blah, blah , blah. II told her price was important to me, and I wouldn't buy without knowing. It took awhile but the spell wore off, and she and Amway parted company.

How are you supposed to pay for it, if you don't know what it costs? 

Of course they tell you eventually, after you are convinced that the price is worth it.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Oh, ugh!  I remember the facial thing.  I had a friend, many years ago, who talked me into letting her do one of those on me.   The products were actually rather gross.  They smelled awful and felt horrible on the skin.  I couldn't wait to scrub myself down after that was over.

Fortunately, she wasn't pushy and never tried to recruit me, or barrage me with sales pitches.  But I'll never forget that 'facial'.  

Respected Contributor

@croemer wrote:

@nun ya wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

Tell her you are allergic to it. Woman Surprised

I don't know anyone who sells this, anymore.

Back in the day there was some good products.

My friend fell for being a rep and buying their starter kit. She didn't make any money, or get the pink car.

I had a friend who did my makeup for a portfolio. I looked like a street walker LOL

I remember driving home, thinking if anyone sees me .......

Nuh...uh?? Nun-ya?

yep. I was looking fancy!! 

Honored Contributor

Yes, scary and desperate.  Could she be on some type of medication boost?  I'd probably drop her as a friend.  Plenty of other friends/neighbors to hang around with.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

As WendyWilliams would say "Use your pinky finger" and tell her you don't appreciate being pressured by her sales tactics and that you miss her as a FRIEND. 

Yep, be honest with her. Say no every time she asks you about being interested in Mary Kay. Explain that you want to be a supportive friend, but have no interest in becoming a client or a co-worker. If she continues to push, tell her that your friendship is in jeopardy.

I have several friends who have gotten into various multi-level marketing things. For some, it does become a lifetime thing. For most of them, they jump in and go crazy for a few weeks or a couple of months and then realize it's not for them and never mention it again. You may be able to wait her out and eventually things will go back to normal, but in the meantime, say no and mean it.