Honored Contributor

Hungry for old fashion fried chicken ,my grandmas ,frying up some now.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

As a southern girl, I loves me some fried chicken! 

Smiley chicken 32.gif

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

Reminds me of my Mother; she made fried chicken and dumplings, some fried and some soft.  Delicious!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I could go for some good southern fried chicken - as long as someone else is frying it!!

Respected Contributor

I used to make it, until I discovered the deli in my small town market makes the best ever!

However, about once a year, I do crave Colonel Sanders Kentucky Fried!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

My father loved fried chicken and luckily my mother made the best, so he asked if it could be their Sunday dinner.  They often invited guests and many of them started dropping by uninvited every Sunday at dinner time.

Pretty soon my mother was feeding a crowd every Sunday until she finally said enough!

She was a really good cook.  She could make anything including ethnic food and delicate baking, but she almost never made fried chicken after that Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Yeah, it is messy, lots to clean up. but soooo good.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Love the thought of fried chicken, but not the calories.  I'll take mine roasted, baked, or grilled.

Respected Contributor

Fried chicken is one of my weaknesses. I never make it though. It's too messy and I don't like the house to smell like grease for a week. Luckily, there's a local place that makes THE BEST fried chicken. They use a broaster, which is a pressure cooker that fries the chicken. I could never make fried chicken that comes close to that, so I don't bother. :-D

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

Re: Fried chicken

[ Edited ]

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Love the thought of fried chicken, but not the calories.  I'll take mine roasted, baked, or grilled.

Yes but a couple of times a year will just be o.k.  I did a big feast of it myself with all the sides biscuits and butter back last year on Thanksgiving week-end and felt no guilt.  I thought I might as well after all the calories from Thurs. that week since a few more would not make much difference.  Exercise was exercise all the next week regardless of the big fried chicken dinner.  About time to do it again!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."