Honored Contributor

I can't even remember the last time I had fried chicken, or any variation thereof.  Smiley Happy

I have been known to make a version that's a little less work and really tasty - 

I take a chicken breast and cut it into strips. You get quite a few of them (enough to feed a couple of people!) out of one chicken breast.  Then I do the flour and eggwash stations and in my third breading station I like to make a mixture of panko, parmesan, and some herbs/seasonings.

I season the chicken before putting anything on it.  Then coat, coat, coat.  Then let it rest on a rack while I get my pan cranked up.  I just do a shallow fry with a mixture of butter and olive oil.  Hit it with a little kosher salt as soon as the strips come out of the pan and put them onto paper towels.

Honored Contributor

if anyone is near the maryland beaches, you MUST try dumsers dairyland for their fried chicken dinner.....and make sure to get ice cream for dessert and an old fashioned soda.

OR

mid-atlantic area.......royal farms fried chicken ( a convenience store chain).....sometimes you just have to have it!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I don't ever eat or make fried chicken.

I do occasionally (rare) make an oven fried chicken.

I dip the chicken in egg and use Corn Flake crumbs to coat the chicken.  I bake it in the oven until golden brown.  I've used it with boneless chicken breasts and chicken on the bone. 

Cooking time depends on what kind of chicken you use and how big they are.

Very tasty!

Honored Contributor

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

We went to Popey's last week-they have Louisiana style fried chicken-it was gooooooood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to learn how to make it myself..............

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

I'm asking this question in all sincerity ....

Is there really any difference between "fried chicken" and  "southern fried chicken"?   If so, what ? 

Esteemed Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

I used to make it, until I discovered the deli in my small town market makes the best ever!

However, about once a year, I do crave Colonel Sanders Kentucky Fried!

Love that original recipe KFC!!

Esteemed Contributor

Comfort food   

Respected Contributor

I never make fried chicken at home.  It is messy and stinks up the house plus it never turns out as well as what can be bought to bring home.

I do love it though.  When I must have some I just get a wing and a drumstick from ShopRite!  It is great and I just buy a small amount to reduce temptation.  Works for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fried chicken

[ Edited ]