Trusted Contributor

They took away our phone books and now whitepages.com etc. want to charge us for finding phone numbers. I have tried that one, free411, spokeo, radaris and all of them take me to a page where it costs money to find a phone number. Does anyone have a truly free site?  Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Free phone number finder?

Good luck with that one!  Me too!   These sites  lead you to partial information and then hit you with AND IF YOU WANT MORE ATTITUDE you have to pay up.  

I hope someone out there has a place to use.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@geegerbee, @@@

I usually can find what I'm looking for with anywho.com.

Honored Contributor

@geegerbee

Who is "they?"  In my neck of the woods, we still get phone books.  My current one is from Verizon.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

I live in Cleveland and THEY is AT&T, the primary phone company. We still occasionally get a version of the Yellow pages, but not home phone numbers for regular people.

Respected Contributor

I requested additional white pages or something from verizon a couple of years ago and the printing is tiny tiny.  

Respected Contributor

@nomless wrote:

@geegerbee@, @@@

@nomless ... I use anywho.com also. Quite often if you just google the person's name, their address and phone number will pop up. Naturally, it is just landlines.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

I requested additional white pages or something from verizon a couple of years ago and the printing is tiny tiny.  

@lovescats ... We also receive a big print version of the directory. It is put out by Impactyp.com. It contains both white and yellow pages. They mail it to everyone in our area. I know what you are saying about the regular directory having tiny print.  

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

@Yardlie wrote:

@nomless wrote:

@geegerbee@, @@@

@nomless... I use anywho.com also. Quite often if you just google the person's name, their address and phone number will pop up. Naturally, it is just landlines.

I just used anywho.com to look up my DH.  Had his name and our address but the phone number was incorrect.  Then I tried to do a reverse # look up of our land line number and there was had no record of it.  Then I looked up my brother, it showed his name and address but no phone number.  Doing the reverse phone number look up, they wanted $s for who belonged with his number.  Glad we still get a printed phone book.  Don't know how long that will last however.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I often use this link....

dexknows