Super Contributor

While I very much appreciate the time when QVC offers free shipping I find the random nature of it frustrating.  Why make it a guessing game for customers?  If you ordered something a few days ago--you pay shipping.  Order today--free shipping.  I'd prefer they did what most other companies do---set a limit for purchase and above that shipping is free.   Or make free shipping a standard practice.   But please don't make it a game where the customer never knows what to expect.

Regular Contributor

Re: Free Shipping Frustration

I totally agree.

Honored Contributor

@srgtdj wrote:

While I very much appreciate the time when QVC offers free shipping I find the random nature of it frustrating.  Why make it a guessing game for customers?  If you ordered something a few days ago--you pay shipping.  Order today--free shipping.  I'd prefer they did what most other companies do---set a limit for purchase and above that shipping is free.   Or make free shipping a standard practice.   But please don't make it a game where the customer never knows what to expect.

You are absolutely right. I just saw an item that I wanted, but I checked Amazon before I ordered. It was the same price, but with Prime I will have it Tuesday. I like a system that I can count on.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

It is just a sales ploy.  Sort of like how they keep shipping charges so prices look lower.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with OP.  IMO s/h is already built into the price of the article so whatever extra is charged is pure profit.

And I just checked an item I had in my "wish list."  If I had ordered it this morning I would have paid $3.50 plus the tax on the s/h.  I understand that as the vendor QVC can set the rules of the game but I think it's sleazy that they do stuff like this and one of the many reasons I am very careful about what I order.

Frequent Contributor

I agree. I just placed an order friday and missed the free shipping.

Trusted Contributor

I placed an order after midnight and missed the free shipping.  Boo hoo..

Respected Contributor

Completely agree!!makes me want to not shop here anymore. 

Respected Contributor

Q is criticized for charging for shipping...and is criticized when it offers free shipping.  Crazy.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Free shipping frustration...(???) Smiley Indifferent