Esteemed Contributor

Thanks everyone for he help.  I thought I had signed up but I had not.  I quit half way through the signup with second thoughts. 

1.  I  was not cautious and I used correct information.  Not going to do that if I go back to try again.

2.  Need to know how safe it is.

3.  Need to know if there will be a monitor just in case the discussion gets "interesting."

4.  I feel the Q will benefit some way.  They have abandoned us.  Why should anyone want to promote them???? 

Respected Contributor

@bonnielu , there are mods and they have made many improvements to make participation easy for us.  You did not have to disclose personal info.  You can change your birth date, etc.  Go for it!  LM

Respected Contributor

@bonnielu I had reservations as well and hesitated to sign up. I finally used an old email address that I had forgotten about and followed other posters advice about being safe. Once I was in I was pleasantly surprised. The site is VERY well designed. The information is flowing and there are easy discussions about how to use the site.

I believe it will become a site about friends being with friends and have less and less Q influence. Take your time and go there if and when you are ready.

Esteemed Contributor

@bonnielu @On It @Lilysmom1  This is what QVC is posting on the Forums page now: What do you think?

WE HEARD YOU!

We understand how much you value this space as a place to make meaningful connections and share what’s on your mind. So, as we continue to build out our community experience—both onsite and on other platforms—we’re keeping our Blogs & Forums live. We also invite you to visit the We #loveQVC Facebook group here https://www.facebook.com/groups/weloveqvc to experience the wonderful and engaging community our team has begun to build there as well. Now, stay tuned. We will be reaching out through our Blogs & Forums to learn how we can continue to grow, shape, and evolve the future of our communities at QVC with you. Get started now

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Thanks everyone for he help.  I thought I had signed up but I had not.  I quit half way through the signup with second thoughts. 

1.  I  was not cautious and I used correct information.  Not going to do that if I go back to try again.

2.  Need to know how safe it is.

3.  Need to know if there will be a monitor just in case the discussion gets "interesting."

4.  I feel the Q will benefit some way.  They have abandoned us.  Why should anyone want to promote them???? 

1. I used a different email address than my main one. You can create a new Gmail address for this purpose if you want. Gmail will have your phone number (which they already almost certainly had) but Proboards staff will not have your phone number, only the email address you give them.

2. It's relatively safe. The only relevant danger would be if someone who personally loathed you became a mod and spammed your email address. That's why it's important that good people are the mods. And a reason to not use a work or primary email address to sign up.

You can change your email address in your profile settings as well.

3. There are monitors aka mods. Good people too.

4. The Q isn't especially promoted there. It's mainly just a board like here but with different people in charge. 

Plus the avatars are cuter and you can block anyone who gets on your nerves overlymuch.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom  so now they are keeping these forums open?

Esteemed Contributor

After a few tries I got in. Does anyone know how I can change my font there?

Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom I have no idea what that double speak even means. They are keeping it alive until Nov 2? Longer? They have not comprehended how much many of us abhor Facebook?

Esteemed Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

@PA Mom-mom  so now they are keeping these forums open?

@itsmagic The way I'm reading it is, yes. They are keeping the Forums open - for now. I think they will continue to evaluate how valuable the Forums are to QVC vs. how much money they spend maintaining them.

Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom Wow.   Well we have two places to chat now