Esteemed Contributor

@On It  I think they are keeping the Forums beyond Nov. 2. How long they keep them open after that is anyone's guess. Meanwhile, they will try to encourage people to go to FB. I'm not going there, and I was beginning to get the jitters about going to the Proboards.

Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom  I also will not go to Facebook.  I feel more wary of Facebook than I do Proboards. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Found the new board

[ Edited ]

@PA Mom-mom  @bonnielu @itsmagic @On It @Vivian , I will keep my membership here at least for awhile.  

So many have joined the new board and are enjoying it.  It is made by us for us and I think that is very attractive to members.  There are many new categories of forums based on input from posters.  The mods are very responsive.  It is actually kind of amazing  that they did so much in such little time.  There are half a dozen of them and they really took up ownership of the new space.

I think it is sad that it took QVC took so long to realize that the sense of community was so strong here.  We have been posting with each other for so long, some for decades. In these times of Covid, the connection was just that much more important.  They may be shutting the door after the exodus has happened.

As for FB, I am a member.   I had a look, signed up for book club but left.  Not the same.

The other important issue here is the banned posters.  Some of the posters were banned for posting things they were unaware had been removed.  There was no avenue of appeal to them, many of whom have been shopping and participating for many many years.  This upset them and their friends as well.

I have always enjoyed the boards here.  I feel like it is part of my family and now a big part of that family has moved on.  LM

@Dazlin 

Respected Contributor

@Lilysmom1 I agree - I’m also surprised at what a nice forum that has been set up on Proboards for us in such a short time.  Also the new forum on Proboards has many nice features. 

Respected Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

@Lilysmom1 I agree - I’m also surprised at what a nice forum that has been set up on Proboards for us in such a short time.  Also the new forum on Proboards has many nice features. 

@itsmagic , I was truly amazed at how resourceful our friends are.  There is a huge pocket of talent among these women (I think they are all women.). You know what they say about necessity being the mother of invention!  Well, the mothers are inventing and then some!  LM

Respected Contributor

I stopped going on Facebook a few years ago...I was turned off by it for many reasons, so I won't be going back.   Does anyone know why qvc is shutting down forums?  

@Lilysmom1 , I can relate to your post...as for me, I've gotten some great advice, suggestions, and the support and sympathy on the pet forum for my recent loss will always have a special place in my heart...there were people there that stuck by me and followed my posts throughout the entire time.   Good people here!!

Trusted Contributor

I signed up for ProBoards, but am confused about one poster who said you had to "register twice.  Once for ProBoards and once for Q forums".  Can anyone explain how to register for the Q forums?  Thanks.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Go directly to mellyg.proboards.com and you only need to register once.

Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

After a few tries I got in. Does anyone know how I can change my font there?

You need to use the Reply on the upper right hand corner and use the font drop down and pick your size. You will have to do the steps every time you reply.

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

@Vivian wrote:

After a few tries I got in. Does anyone know how I can change my font there?

You need to use the Reply on the upper right hand corner and use the font drop down and pick your size. You will have to do the steps every time you reply.

You can actually set your font, color, and size so that you don't have to do it each time.   Several threads have instructions but I am happy to share if they allow that here.  It seems like everything about that board that's posted here gets deleted.