Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@henderson wrote:

I signed up for ProBoards, but am confused about one poster who said you had to "register twice.  Once for ProBoards and once for Q forums".  Can anyone explain how to register for the Q forums?  Thanks.

@henderson 

ProBoards main site is a host for anyone that wishes to set up a forum.  So, it's got a variety of forums created by individuals.  The 'q forum friends' is just one of them, that was created from our follow posters here as an alternative to this site when it was announced they would be closed.

The easiest way to register for the 'q forum friends' forum is to go directly to mellyg.proboards (dot) com.  That will allow you access to that forum only.  And you register once only.

Hi Hon !

and don't forget they have that marvelous block people feature ! I knew some would show up and sure enough, but, no more worry, put 'em on block and kick 'em to the curb.

ass-kicking.gif

Respected Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Speaking of user forum breaks:  I have not seen Anonymous032819 is a long time.  Perhaps almost a month, considering how prolific a poster.

@Johnnyeager she's been banned again

Do you know that for sure, @Bri369?  I don't see a problem with her posts.

@tansy 

Someone last week who communicates with her off the board said she was banned.  

I don't know if she signed up at the new board yet.  

@Cakers3 Think you were asking about this

Honored Contributor

@SharkE 

I think that's the only reason you went there! 
B235552B-F68E-4CAB-BD8D-F7A2C56D1D1A.gif

Honored Contributor

It can be confusing there at first. But love it there now.

We can private message others and send links etc.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Thanks for this info @On It .  Where do I find 'Proboards"?

Honored Contributor

Re: Found the new board

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Put this in your browser @PINKdogWOOD .  Come join us.

mellyg.proboards.com

Respected Contributor

Re: Found the new board

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

The address is the next post beneath your questions. It is the one just above my reply.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@On It @bonnielu   I obviously missed something big here. Haven't been on here for 2 weeks and I'm here right now reading, finding out these forums are being closed down????

Can one of you pls fill me in on what's going on? QVC is really taking this portion of their site down? There's talk about starting over on facebook?

We now need to begin again, sign up again? Communicate with each other on a facebook site?

Can you pls let me know what's going on? Thanks

@PINKdogWOOD I'm not either one of the ladies but very simply put, a week or so ago QVC made an announcement that they would be shutting down the forums on Nov. 2nd.  There was no explanation that I recall.  They did suggest/recommend continuing interaction on their Facebook page.  Honestly, that was little to no help IMO.  Some of the members here got together and created a new forum (q forum friends) on a server called ProBoards. And let me tell you, they all deserve gold stars and a bunch of atta girls!!  The way it's organized, the way everyone is being so kind and helpful, links are ok, less policing, you name it, it's a great new option.  FYI, most members have kept their recognizable ID's, but some chose new ones.  Within a few days, QVC changed their tune and made an updated announcement that the forums would remain into 2022, but there's no guarantee if that means Jan. 2 or Dec. 31, at which time members will be faced with the same dilemma.  

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal - fyi, you should reform that address before you get banned, lol. use dot instead of .

Honored Contributor

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Speaking of user forum breaks:  I have not seen Anonymous032819 is a long time.  Perhaps almost a month, considering how prolific a poster.

@Johnnyeager she's been banned again

Do you know that for sure, @Bri369?  I don't see a problem with her posts.

@tansy 

Someone last week who communicates with her off the board said she was banned.  

I don't know if she signed up at the new board yet.  

@Cakers3 Think you were asking about this

@WenGirl42   As far as I am concerned it is still speculation.  We have no idea if it is true.

I still feel it is a situation of which none of us really know anything about and I cannot understand why she would be banned.

She has never brought up topics that are against standards and it fact has reminded posters many times.

I also do not recall her ever calling names as some who are still posting on this thread have done so.

If somebody is in touch with her, certainly by now she must know about the new board and will decide for herself to join and let us know what happened to her.

Just my feelings; if she has been banned and gave somebody permission to let us know, that is her decision.  

Or not.

I just hope she is ok. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh