Esteemed Contributor

Re: Former Mrs. America and former shopping network host charged with swindle at Macy's

@Trinity11, Macy's used to tout their policy that you could bring anything back, any time. Not sure if they still do. If that's still their policy, she should have just brought the stuff back without switching tags and she probably wouldn't have broken the law. I wonder how many "designer" articles were involved? Fiveish?

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

Re: Former Mrs. America and former shopping network host charged with swindle at Macy's

@MaggieMack wrote:

@Trinity11, Macy's used to tout their policy that you could bring anything back, any time. Not sure if they still do. If that's still their policy, she should have just brought the stuff back without switching tags and she probably wouldn't have broken the law. I wonder how many "designer" articles were involved? Fiveish?

Anything stained a manager would need to approve...returns are not easily made there anymore. I was behind someone returning something and she had a receipt but they hassled her because it had been a month and the item went down in price since.

Respected Contributor

What annoys me is that we all pay the price for this behavior in the form of higher prices on goods we purchase.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

I can't stand people like that,always scheming about ways to scam. Stores that have a generous return policy then have to make it hard for honest returns.  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

Why did the sales associate take the clothing back in the first place if it was stained? 

Maybe she/he knew she was a host, and didn't want to cause problems for Macy's,

That or perhaps the employee was working with her. I bet they will be questioned why they took it back.

Super Contributor

wow, wonder what made her do that.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Adamlambert wrote:

wow, wonder what made her do that.  

Adam, I bet she wanted to wear NEW designer clothing and would do just about anything to have it. Really sad because she clearly lacks self confidence and would even steal to fit in. The industry she worked in places a lot of value on name brands. I remember the chatter about Lisa Robertson's pricey Cartier watch awhile back. It's a given that status brands are part of the lifestyle of some people..... I would rather wear a Timex and shop in Walmart than ever think stealing was the way to have luxury goods. So sad.

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

Why did the sales associate take the clothing back in the first place if it was stained? 

Macy's takes back everything, and the sales associate aren't empowered/allowed to say no to a customer.   They might not have even cared or noticed.  (At least in "my" Macy's anyway.)

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Well, just goes to show. You can't trust those beauty queens.

Respected Contributor

@hopi Is that a Golden Retriever in your avatar?  (Sorry to change the subject, but I just LOVE Goldens!!!)

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!