Honored Contributor

Re: For those of you who have Instacart Express

I have to say that I also have been frustrated after diligently noting my substitutions and notes but then feeling that they never even looked at them judging by their texts.

I think that I will try @Spurt's method of reminding them upfront about my notes.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I have to say that I also have been frustrated after diligently noting my substitutions and notes but then feeling that they never even looked at them judging by their texts.

I think that I will try @Spurt's method of reminding them upfront about my notes.

@suzyQ3 

Hopefully the notes will help....when both my original selection and replacement weren't available I gave him a third choice, and he said...."I read your note, and got your other choice"....so they do read the notes....at least my shoppers did....I stay deligent while they are shopping too...And I do give them a nice tip too...GOOD LUCK!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was thinking about something elese that might be of help on your Instacart orders to get a good experience....Maybe its the day/time of orders....Im lucky working from home so I usually request an early morning 9 to 11 AM time and request my order to be delivered during the week ....But if all you can do because of schedules is to order in late afternoon or evening or weekends....then the Shoppers might get real busy with lots of orders and get rushed and also careless with the orders....just a thought.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

I was thinking about something elese that might be of help on your Instacart orders to get a good experience....Maybe its the day/time of orders....Im lucky working from home so I usually request an early morning 9 to 11 AM time and during the week order....But if all you can do because of schedules is to order in late afternoon or evening or weekends....then the Shoppers get busy and get rushed and also careless with the orders....just a thought.....

@Spurt, I either choose 11 to 1 or I wait and request 2-hour delivery at noon. I'm leary about much earlier because I'm not sure when they restock. At the supermarket that I had always shopped, they were always late getting stuff out. I don't know if that is the case with market I use for Instacart -- but just in case.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

I was thinking about something elese that might be of help on your Instacart orders to get a good experience....Maybe its the day/time of orders....Im lucky working from home so I usually request an early morning 9 to 11 AM time and during the week order....But if all you can do because of schedules is to order in late afternoon or evening or weekends....then the Shoppers get busy and get rushed and also careless with the orders....just a thought.....

@Spurt, I either choose 11 to 1 or I wait and request 2-hour delivery at noon. I'm leary about much earlier because I'm not sure when they restock. At the supermarket that I had always shopped, they were always late getting stuff out. I don't know if that is the case with market I use for Instacart -- but just in case.

@suzyQ3 

Thats a good point, knowing when these grocery stores stock the shelves....  Some of my friends do their own shopping at the same store Instacart does my shopping, and they let me know that is well stocked in the early morning and which days they did their shopping....so I have the benefit of that information..(I guess they stock at night when the store closes)..Sometimes the Manager will give you the info, you might want to call and give that a try....

Trusted Contributor

I signed up my mom annually. The best thing I did.