Trusted Contributor

We have not yet turned on the Air Condition of the house as the weather here in Columbus is still a little tolerable.

I have almost all windows opened and in my room, a fan  is constant on (including at nights for an hour)

Have you turned on your home air condition yet?

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor
Oh, yeah. Nice today but we’ve had plenty of days mid-upper 90s.
Esteemed Contributor

Due to allergies and not wanting VA humidity in the house I don't open windows, I switch from heat to air conditioning whenever needed. I have a whole house air cleaner & filter and use other air filters. 

Respected Contributor

We had ours on last week but the past couple of days here in Central Illinois have been gorgeous and we turned it off.  Will be turning it back on Tuesday as it is to be 90!  Then we will probably have it on all summer.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

I've had the AC on most of the time for about a month.  However, I use an evaporative cooler which costs almost nothing to operate.  It works only in very dry climates and I'm often freezing.

@Dinaki    What state are you in?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Re: Air Condition

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 I reside in Georgia, Columbus GA to be more specific.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Esteemed Contributor

Arizona here. We've had it on since April and it won't shut off until October. 

Honored Contributor

We go from heat straight to air conditioning, 72 degrees year round in our house.   

My husband and daughters have asthma and COPD, and cannot tolerate the allergens that come thru open windows.   I would prefer to have windows open, but the rest of my family suffers too much for me to enjoy it.   

Honored Contributor

I turned it on last week for a few hours.  It was a warm afternoon and I'm on a high floor with a western exposure and my apartment was quite warm when the sun is due west.  Wonderful sunset views - but also quite warm.

I've had it on a few times since.  It cools off at night - so rarely have it on at night.

Esteemed Contributor

Even at 6500ft we now have AC on non stop (until monsoon season in 6 weeks).