Honored Contributor

Re: For Those with Anxiety issues over Coronovirus

@shaggygirl wrote:

I wasn't concerned until this morning when x-rays confirmed that I have pneumonia. Cause I know at my age if I got that on top of this I'd be doomed. 

@shaggygirl, you will be fine. Take your meds and rest. Also, try to eat well. I totally lost my appetite when I had pneumonia. I made myself eat small amounts more often.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

I wasn't concerned until this morning when x-rays confirmed that I have pneumonia. Cause I know at my age if I got that on top of this I'd be doomed. 

Thinking of you @shaggygirl and hoping you feel better soon ❤️

Honored Contributor

I just heard on the news where the Lifecare facility has enough test kits now for the patients they are having trouble obtaining test kits for the remaining medical staff.  That is really worrisome for other health care facilities.  I would think the staff would be tested first.

Honored Contributor

@Drythe  Thanks!  Best to your family as well.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I don't have anxiety, but I am concerned.  Work has cancelled all travel.  That is huge.  My nephews college is considering closing.  My sister is in a nursing home.  She is 57 with dementia. She doesn't have immune or breathing issues.  My mother is 85 and in good health other than walking issues.  My concern is I am 1000 miles away.

Respected Contributor

I totally understand the anxiety over this virus. I was waking up in the middle of the night and couldn’t go back to sleep, because I couldn’t stop thinking about it. Thinking about our son in California, our daughter that has asthma and son in Portland that is a type 1 diabetic. My husband said you have to stop worrying about this. We will do the things we need to do and hope for the best. So today I got out of the house I went to Walgreens and Safeway. This week I’m going to get my roots touched up. I’ve been putting that off because of the virus. I figure whatever happens at least my roots won’t show.

Honored Contributor

There are many who think taking no precautions and ignoring the reports is the way to handle this. Foolish. The insidious thing about this specific virus is how fast it is spreading. Until it stops spreading so fast, it is smart to be aware and at least take the same precautions you would take during a bad flu season.
Honored Contributor

@Junebug54 wrote:

I've said it before and I'll say it again... this virus isn't near as bad as the virus in the US.... Just getting more press...  For those of you that choose to partake in the panic  mode... well I have lots of toilet paper and hand wipes for sale.   

~~~

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@Leggett28  We think the same, I just colored my hair! I cut and color my own. I'll look good for the dogs!🐶🐶

Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
There are many who think taking no precautions and ignoring the reports is the way to handle this. Foolish. The insidious thing about this specific virus is how fast it is spreading. Until it stops spreading so fast, it is smart to be aware and at least take the same precautions you would take during a bad flu season.

No one I know thinks taking NO precautions and ignoring the reports is the way to handle coronavirus. And I doubt anyone here thinks that way.