Respected Contributor

Re: :) Foods Each USA State Is Known For (:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@biancardi wrote:

@pitdakota wrote:

@biancardi......I picked the right time to sign on and come to the board!  Saw your nic and just had to wave hello.  Good to see you!  Heart

hi pitdakota!!  Good to see you too Heart

Hi kdgn Smiley Happy

Hiya! Good to see you posting!

hi jazzy, good to see you!

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Honored Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

This thread is making me hungry.

I know...not for pho, though 😕

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Tansy, Pho is the ultimate comfort food, like chicken soup! My oldest brother is Vietnamese-French-American and my mom made sure he had foods he was used to. We have several excellent Pho restaurants and we do take away several times a month. My kids love it and we always order a pork, chicken and vegetarian pho. It's so good it's difficult to have a favorite.

My thought was that pho doesn't represent my state of Washington particularly well.  I'm odd, too, in that I don't like hot liquidsSmiley Sad

@Lila Belle

Honored Contributor

@biancardi wrote:

@pitdakota wrote:

@biancardi......I picked the right time to sign on and come to the board!  Saw your nic and just had to wave hello.  Good to see you!  Heart

hi pitdakota!!  Good to see you too Heart

Hi kdgn Smiley Happy

Good to see you here, @biancardi!

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@Lila Belle wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

This thread is making me hungry.

I know...not for pho, though 😕

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Tansy, Pho is the ultimate comfort food, like chicken soup! My oldest brother is Vietnamese-French-American and my mom made sure he had foods he was used to. We have several excellent Pho restaurants and we do take away several times a month. My kids love it and we always order a pork, chicken and vegetarian pho. It's so good it's difficult to have a favorite.

My thought was that pho doesn't represent my state of Washington particularly well.  I'm odd, too, in that I don't like hot liquidsSmiley Sad

@Lila Belle

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

That's okay! Some of the best pho I've had was in your state!Heart

Respected Contributor

I was initially taken by surprise to see CA's listing as In & Out Burger since most of the other states had a general food category or item. 

Then I went to their website where they show all the locations in the state. It's covered in red markers! I didn't realize there were that many in this fine state-

I know out of state visitors, including my own kid and his wife, MUST have at least one meal there during each visit. I think they'd eat lunch there daily if they could- One of them gets very upset when I send a photo indicating I'm there and I have a burger and fries in front of me. Mean mom. 

Honored Contributor

I live in CA, and am kind of surprised to see a specific chain restaurant listed as the food we're known for.

I would have chosen other things first..such as produce or seafood items.

have only eaten at In'out a few times.  But have had all the other delicious foods from this state, thousands of times. 

Respected Contributor

@kdgn wrote:

I was initially taken by surprise to see CA's listing as In & Out Burger since most of the other states had a general food category or item. 

Then I went to their website where they show all the locations in the state. It's covered in red markers! I didn't realize there were that many in this fine state-

I know out of state visitors, including my own kid and his wife, MUST have at least one meal there during each visit. I think they'd eat lunch there daily if they could- One of them gets very upset when I send a photo indicating I'm there and I have a burger and fries in front of me. Mean mom. 

Double-double animal style.   Yummmmm!

The first one I ever had was after wine tasting all over Temecula.  It was the best hamburger I ever had!  All that wine probably had a little something to do with that.  Woman LOL

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

ALOHA!! I ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Spam!!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I live in Washington state and I find pho an odd choice.  We have great seafood.  I would think salmon or Dungeness crab.  East of the mountains they grow a lot apples.  

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I live in Washington state and I find pho an odd choice.  We have great seafood.  I would think salmon or Dungeness crab.  East of the mountains they grow a lot apples.  

I know.  I think this article just pulled out a few currently popular items from each state.

I grew up in NH, and have never heard of a cider doughnut.