Honored Contributor

Re: :) Foods Each USA State Is Known For (:

@mstyrion 1@kdgn

I live in Washington state now but I grew up in Southern California on In-N-Out burgers!  I hear people up here talking about them.

Trusted Contributor

@Brinklii wrote:

Wisconsin: Cheese

Doubtful that this comes as a surprise to anyone. No one could deny that Wisconsin has the best cheese out there, and I think we’re all a little jealous that we don’t get a little Wisco’ cheese everyday.

Being a Wisconsin native, I'll add a few more things to the foods Wisconsin is famous for: cheese curds, bratwurst, and beer!

Hi @Yardlie,

I was going to add in the brats and the beer, too! 

I'm glad that you mentioned cheese curds. There's nothing that I like better than some fried cheese curds! Yum!! Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

i understand why california was "in and out burger," but i am probably one of the few that thinks it is so overrated! my s/o usually has one once a week for lunch.

i have friends here that when they go to california that is the first place they want to eat!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor

sweets

Details:

The United Sweets of America
If every state had an official dessert, what would it be? (Montana gets S’mores.)

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/food/2014/08/united_sweets_of_america_map_a_dessert_for_every_sta...

Honored Contributor

Texas - I would have gone with barbecue - slow cooked brisket or pork.  Also chili - and no self-respecting Texan would put beans in their chili.  (I have but I'm a Yankee so what do I know).  LOL

Massachusetts - I would have gone with Boston baked beans;  chow-dah was not something we got into unless at the beach.  Of course, seafood at it's best all the time.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh