Honored Contributor

Follow-Up to Dove In A Basket

Remember her?

20230330_090859.jpg

This morning she hatched two more babies.  They were wet and scrawny when i spied them about 9am.  I think she's somewhat of a loose woman.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Re: Follow-Up to Dove In A Basket

@Kachina624  She appears to be a proud mama.  Very sweet pic.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Remember her?

20230330_090859.jpg

This morning she hatched two more babies.  They were wet and scrawny when i spied them about 9am.  I think she's somewhat of a loose woman.

@Kachina624 

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

THANK YOU for providing housing for low income families. 

Being a single mom is never easy, and she obviously feels safe there ... even if she is a loose woman.  We probably shouldn't judge her.  LOL   Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Remember her?

20230330_090859.jpg

@Kachina624 

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

THANK YOU for providing housing for low income families. 

Being a single mom is never easy, and she obviously feels safe there ... even if she is a loose woman.  We probably shouldn't judge her.  LOL   Woman LOL

@Tinkrbl44 @Kachina624    Piggy backing on the previous post, thank you for being a great landlord.  ❤️

Birdies need all the help they can get.  Once these babie fledge you might have another clutch.  Poor mama working so hard.  Hope there's good nutrition and water around for her. 

Congrats again @Kachina624  for being birdie grandma of the year!  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Trusted Contributor

Quite the proud mama!!!

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

@luvzchiz    Funny thing, I never see her leave the nest to eat or drink and never see a male bird show up with food to feed her or the babies.  Maybe I'm just missing something.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624  She is a proud momma and I am glad you can provide shelter for her and her family!   Do not charge her too much for the expanding family.  Just observe and enjoy the growing pains.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624    hope you get a another peek at the chicks as they fluff out.. maybe her mate helps her.  They all look alike. i have 3 mourning doves at my feeder. Same doves for years.  Two are a pair and the third had a mate that died years ago - it was on the garage roof dead :-(      Since then it's been the same 3 doves and the pair always chase the widowed third wheel. they sort of rush at him/her and try to peck at it.  3rd wheel just goes off pecking at some other birdseed.  They are always together.

Honored Contributor

Yep---doves court and spark pretty much non-stop. Had a pair that always had eggs---I let them hatch once or twice but then hard boiled them so they would just sit on them. Then got smart and found tiny fake eggs for their nest.

Honored Contributor

I thought you meant Dove had gone woke.Lol.I love your story though and it is very loving of you to care for that momma.Happy Mother's Day other.