Honored Contributor

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

We use flannel sheets in the winter and love them. We didn’t care for the polar fleece at all. 

Same here.  I found those Malden Mills polar fleece sheets pilled really bad.

I bought one set of polar fleece sheets after several years of hearing how good they were on here and from my mother. 

My husband loves the warmth, but they do pill horribly at first, and even after a whole season of use, still do pill somewhat.

We have several sets of NN flannel from probably 10 years ago, and I actually prefer those. All cotton, warm, and way past the pilling/shedding stage. 

NN used to have the thickest and long lasting flannel. Seems like nothing is made these days like it was in the past.

Honored Contributor

It's finally gotten cold enough at night to use flannel sheets.  I washed them and put the flat sheet on my bed last night.  I bought the fitted sheet, too, but not sure I'll ever use it.  The top sheet felt so good.  It was nice and warm and felt like a blanket.  I'm glad I bought them.  I ordered the ones from LL Bean.  Thank you everyone for your input.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Nicet to hear, @NickNack.  Any feedback from Frankie and Henry as well?  Cat Tongue

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

Nicet to hear, @NickNack.  Any feedback from Frankie and Henry as well?  Cat Tongue

@feline groovy  lovemygrands just asked me to post a picture in Pet Lovers.  I will have to take one soon and post it!  I haven't taken a picture of him in about a week--will take one soon.  Henry's really growing! Thanks for asking about them. 😊

-Henry David Thoreau

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@NickNack

Aww!  If you can, please get a shot of the kids in/on your new flannel sheet(s) so you can post their feedback here.  8)

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@NickNack

Aww!  If you can, please get a shot of the kids in/on your new flannel sheet(s) so you can post their feedback here.  8)

@feline groovy  LOL!  They do approve.  I just posted a new picture of Henry in Pet Lovers.  I'll try to get a cute one of them together to post soon.

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor
EdithellenLily (and other interested parties): nice list. I have been buying Martha Stewart flannels for family for years. Luxury better than regular but both give good wear. I had been buying for kids for years but surprised myself how much I love. Macy’s price definitely good buy. Sometimes keeps snuggly without a heavy blanket.
Respected Contributor

@NickNack

We use both cotton flannel and fleece sheets. Love them both. I love winter and the simple comfort of snuggling into a flannel- or fleece-clad bed.

Respected Contributor

Love Garnet Hill, but they're still pricey. I tried Target's flannel sheets last year and was pleasantly surprised. They put them on sale often, too.