Honored Contributor

First time this ever happened on instacart

I've been with them since the pandemic in 2020.  I decided to stay with them and have never had a problem until today.  I was told on my app that my food was delivered.  Except I didn't see it anywhere. So I hunted up and down my street till I finally saw it.  6 doors down from me.  It was still on the porch.  I don't think they were home as the shopper usually rings the doorbell. I had to carry each bag back individually, as they were heavy.  I don't mean to be negative toward them, because they usually aren't a problem.  I think the shopper was new and got confused, even though he had my address.

Honored Contributor

Re: First time this ever happened on instacart

"It was still on the porch. I don't think they were home as the shopper usually rings the doorbell. I had to carry each bag back individually, as they were heavy. "

@songbird  Hope I don't see you on the news in a video via someone's door cam in an episode about porch thieves.  Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@songbird   That should not have happened and is careless of the driver.

Call Instacart to report the issue.  Make sure they know that you were totally inconvenienced.

Hopefully, they will issue a credit to the order or a percentage off this or the next.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@Mersha   Instacart is no differernt from any other delivery company. I've had misdeliveries from UPS, from FedEx, from Walmart and from Amazon.

Some were my orders going to a wrong address and nearly as many were the orders I received when they should have been left elsewhere in the neighborhood.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@songbird wrote:

I've been with them since the pandemic in 2020.  I decided to stay with them and have never had a problem until today.  I was told on my app that my food was delivered.  Except I didn't see it anywhere. So I hunted up and down my street till I finally saw it.  6 doors down from me.  It was still on the porch.  I don't think they were home as the shopper usually rings the doorbell. I had to carry each bag back individually, as they were heavy.  I don't mean to be negative toward them, because they usually aren't a problem.  I think the shopper was new and got confused, even though he had my address.

I've used Shipt for 6 years and I had that happen once!  New driver, who knows why?  Mine did not show up in my neighborhood.

Shipt refunded my money Plus a credit!

Honored Contributor

You have a right to be negative about this experience and that shopper.  I sincerely hope you lodged a complaint.  

Honored Contributor

Sorry this happened to you and that you had to go on the hunt for your order!  Some people are not physically able to do this and even though mistakes do happen, it's not your responsibility to have to go on a hunting expedition to track your food order down throughout the neighborhood!  You pay good money to have your food delivered to YOUR door!!!!.  As you can tell, I am not in a very good mood with this company since I recently had a not very nice e-mail from them telling me, in essence, that I complain too much (their mistakes -- not mine) and that I am being watched!  However --- you definitely have a right to let them know about their mistake!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@songbird : I use WalMart and they always take a photo of the delivery- normally put in a chair by my front door. I had one small delivery that went to another address. I immediately notified them that it wasn't my address. Within 15 minutes delivery made to my address.

You put yourself in a very dangerous situation looking for your packages and getting them. Notify them and you deserve a credit for your next order.

Honored Contributor

I've never used a food delivery service.  I was gonna try the Amazon one but found out they aren't in my area yet.  @songbird, that was a dangerous thing you did in the climate we have of package theft.

Physically getting my packages from a porch to my car would have been a problem physically for me.  Could have done it but my poor senior back would have been screaming.  Glad you were able to do it.

At some point I am going to have to have food delivered, though, even though I'm picky.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I use instacart and AMZ fresh---instacart has gotten alot better in the many years I've used them but AMZ fresh has done not so good----last time they put my 3 bags of groceries in the parcel room of my apartment complex--in a refrigerated one--- but that has NEVER happended before and I was FURIOUS!!! Thank heavens it was only 3 rather light weight bags but come on------I live on the 2nd floor and have issues with both arms--I did called AMZ fresh to complain----I HOPE that doesn't happen again!!!