Honored Contributor

Re: First time this ever happened on instacart

[ Edited ]

I'm not s a senior.  It didn't take that long to realize that my food wasn't there.  I got sidetracked and didn't check my app to see if it arrived.  I usually meet them in front of the house when the shopper arrives.  I did call instacart and they were concerned.  They know who my shopper was and will probably tell him.  (which makes me feel guilty by the way, even though it was'nt my fault.) They gave me a $10.00 discount)  My husband doesn't know.  He probably would have told me not to look for it and called instacart. But that's the way I am. I'll still use them.  1st time since 2020 when I started with them. Instacart is very good.  I'm perfectly happy with them.  I started out with Amazon Fresh (way before the pendemic) and they were good.  But had to quit when everyone joined when the pandemic hit.  I couldn't get a time slot to deliver.  Then i turned to instacart.

Honored Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

@songbird wrote:

I've been with them since the pandemic in 2020.  I decided to stay with them and have never had a problem until today.  I was told on my app that my food was delivered.  Except I didn't see it anywhere. So I hunted up and down my street till I finally saw it.  6 doors down from me.  It was still on the porch.  I don't think they were home as the shopper usually rings the doorbell. I had to carry each bag back individually, as they were heavy.  I don't mean to be negative toward them, because they usually aren't a problem.  I think the shopper was new and got confused, even though he had my address.

I've used Shipt for 6 years and I had that happen once!  New driver, who knows why?  Mine did not show up in my neighborhood.

Shipt refunded my money Plus a credit!

I was tempted to try Shipt, but they only had one good supermarket in my area.  And they didn't have Wegmans' which the main reason I went with Instacart.  There are couple of smaller ones, but Instacart and shipt are the big ones around my way.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@songbird wrote:

I've been with them since the pandemic in 2020.  I decided to stay with them and have never had a problem until today.  I was told on my app that my food was delivered.  Except I didn't see it anywhere. So I hunted up and down my street till I finally saw it.  6 doors down from me.  It was still on the porch.  I don't think they were home as the shopper usually rings the doorbell. I had to carry each bag back individually, as they were heavy.  I don't mean to be negative toward them, because they usually aren't a problem.  I think the shopper was new and got confused, even though he had my address.

@songbird 

Ive been very pleased with Instacart, and have been a member since 2018. My friends use the grocery store delivery and have had nothing but problems....

When Instacart first started I had that issue one time .

The shopper/deliverer takes BOTH a photo and also knocks on the door......What alerted me that something was wrong was when Instacart sent the photo to confirm delivery I said to myself, where's my wreath on the door, it wasnt in the photo of the front door with the grocery bags, I thought did someone steal my wreath, I opened my door my wreath was still there, and I was very puzzled---no groceries. Thankfully when the guy knocked on the door to confirm delivery luckily the neighbor was home and said they hadnt ordered any groceries, and told him he had the wrong condo unit (my neighbor told me this later) ....Then apparently the guy re-checked the address and discovered what the correct unit number was in the Condo complex and I got my order...SMH!!! 

So now when the shopper starts shopping I always chat with them, thank them for shopping for me and also make a polite request for them to double check the address and my order to assure accurate delivery!  And all the shoppers tell me---okay, will do, no problem!  They want that 5 star rating, which is what the shoppers have told me--they get a bonus......And I think over time,Instacart has weeded out the bad shoppers/deliverers in my area...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt   My shopper did take the photo.  But you can see clearly it was the wrong address.  That's why I saw it so quickly.  I always make sure I'm in front of my house when they say it's arriving.  This last time I didn't though.  We were having remodeling done, and I started talking to one of the workers and I forgot. We have one minor problem but not Instacart's fault.  We have an error on the GPS in my street.  They won't fix it.  If you come in to my street from another, you make a left instead of a right.  The GPS always says make a right.  Then they have to turn around.....Although people have contacted GPS, it still has the error. That's one reason I stay in front of my house when the shopper hits my street.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@Spurt   My shopper did take the photo.  But you can see clearly it was the wrong address.  That's why I saw it so quickly.  I always make sure I'm in front of my house when they say it's arriving.  This last time I didn't though.  We were having remodeling done, and I started talking to one of the workers and I forgot. We have one minor problem but not Instacart's fault.  We have an error on the GPS in my street.  They won't fix it.  If you come in to my street from another, you make a left instead of a right.  The GPS always says make a right.  Then they have to turn around.....Although people have contacted GPS, it still has the error. That's one reason I stay in front of my house when the shopper hits my street.

@songbird 

JMHO, but instead of standing outside, Id chat with my shopper/driver that GPS is wrong make a left instead of a right, and also add that to your delivery instructions.  One of my shoppers said my instructions was very helpful in finding my unit....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@songbird 

JMHO, but instead of standing outside, Id chat with my shopper/driver that GPS is wrong make a left instead of a right, and also add that to your delivery instructions.  One of my shoppers said my instructions was very helpful in finding my unit....

I do.  It's been on my instrution to the shopper from the very beginning.  Some pay attention and read it, others don't

Honored Contributor

I use Instacart since 2020 and still use 2 times a week. Especially Costco since Costco is far and a chore to park, and far to walk. I had Instacart only once leave food at my neighbors. I was lucky as my husband was home and retrieved the items. I did call Instacart. If you are a senior, or 60 years or older they have a special number you call and they answer quick. I told them and she noted on my chart and delivery instructions to look at house number.   I had one other problem once and a quick call my refund was resolved in a few minutes and all is well. I have had the best shoppers.  I over tip so they grab my order quick, and for me it is fast.  They do such a good job of quality items,. I am picky and have instructions on each item. I figure they deserve good tip for just reading all the notes I leave. Lol

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@songbird wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@songbird 

I do.  It's been on my instrution to the shopper from the very beginning.  Some pay attention and read it, others don't

@songbird 

Thats why i greet my shoppers in chat and specify special instructions in both chat and give special instructions for deliveries in that section as well...2 places to make sure they see it.

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

I use Instacart since 2020 and still use 2 times a week. Especially Costco since Costco is far and a chore to park, and far to walk. I had Instacart only once leave food at my neighbors. I was lucky as my husband was home and retrieved the items. I did call Instacart. If you are a senior, or 60 years or older they have a special number you call and they answer quick. I told them and she noted on my chart and delivery instructions to look at house number.   I had one other problem once and a quick call my refund was resolved in a few minutes and all is well. I have had the best shoppers.  I over tip so they grab my order quick, and for me it is fast.  They do such a good job of quality items,. I am picky and have instructions on each item. I figure they deserve good tip for just reading all the notes I leave. Lol

@shoekitty 

With my generous tip and they want that good review they follow all my special instructions

Super Contributor

I’m with you, @shoekitty. I am a senior, still working, mobility issues and stairs to my condo. InstaCart has been a lifesaver. I was unhappy when the shopper failed to deliver my LIMES (4 of them, guess they went somewhere else) today, but I have never had my groceries delivered to the wrong address, or received someone else’s.

I did have another grocery vendor make a delivery a couple of months ago and leave an extra bag that wasn’t mine. I felt so bad, but be warned that (presumably all) vendors don’t make a correction, a pickup or another delivery. I was told to keep the groceries. Unfortunately, it contained 90% items I would never eat. Four cans of black-eyes peas? Hate them almost as much as lima beans. I left the bag by the carport (I live in a big condo complex) with a sign explaining the bag had been erroneously delivered to me, the food was fresh and untouched, and to please take it. The bag was gone next time I looked.