Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 922
Registered: ‎01-27-2020

Re: First bad experience with Amazon

I've had a couple of weird things happen with Amazon too, lately.

 

A funny one was I ordered one pair of Levi's denim leggings in my size, but didn't receive it.  Instead, I was sent 2 pairs of children's Levi's denim jeggings in a child size 2.  Also, I ordered three candles and was only sent one.  I have ordered from Amazon for years and don't remember there ever being a mistake.

 

One thing I do is always check if the item is sold and shipped by Amazon, and if it is not, where is the seller located and what is their rating.  Anything less than a 92% satisfaction and I pass on it.

 

 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,849
Registered: ‎06-03-2010

Re: First bad experience with Amazon

@Icegoddess   I was able to figure it out based on HOA information - her street and my street names are almost the same and the numerical numbers are exact, and it looks like somehow it got my street name on the label. 

 

They are new to the neighborhood,  and I mentioned to her that she should probably check her Amazon account to make sure the correct address is on her account.  LOL, maybe Amazon "auto-filled" the rest of the street name since I've do a lot of on-line purchasing and they figured it was me making another order!

 

About two years ago, I had several bags (to the tune of about 120 pounds) of wild bird seed delivered to the previous owner's address so I thought that might be the issue.  That neighbor probably thought I was some sort of crazy bird lady, but I bought that much to make the order amount enough to get free shipping.

 

 



......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,132
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: First bad experience with Amazon

If all else fails you can reach out directly to Amazon's executive group by writing to jeff@amazon.com. Just be clear in what the problem is, include your order number and you're likely to hear back from them very quickly with a resolution to your problem. If you include the order number in the email header it helps get through faster. As you can imagine they get a lot of spam and nonsense sent their way, so including the order number in the header lets them know you're a real customer with a real problem and not just some idiot. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 32,669
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: First bad experience with Amazon


@Shelbelle wrote:

I have never found Amazon as pleasureable to shop with as many others do. I dont care for some of their selling practices. One day something can be priced very reasonably and the next day sky high, and back and forth like this. I also dont like that since Covid they offer no phone service, makes me a bit nervous about buying. I seem to find better prices and deals on ebay. 

Also I love to read product reviews, and they often mix different items from the same vendor into the reviews and I end up reading reviews on things I am not interested in. Or not even certain what product I am reading about. 


@Shelbelle , I feel the same way as you do.  I have ordered my fair share of items but the pricing games drive me insane.   I recently went to order a pair of yoga pants that I bought previously for just over $12.00 and they are now just under $28.00. 

 

I am very careful about what I buy from everywhere.  I know many of these types of merchants have a real problem with fake reviews and knock-off/fake merchandise.  I personally would never purchase my skincare or make-up from Amazon, Ebay, Poshmark, etc. because of the risk of fake and knock-off products.

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 32,669
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: First bad experience with Amazon


@Spurt wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I have never found Amazon as pleasureable to shop with as many others do. I dont care for some of their selling practices. One day something can be priced very reasonably and the next day sky high, and back and forth like this. I also dont like that since Covid they offer no phone service, makes me a bit nervous about buying. I seem to find better prices and deals on ebay. 

Also I love to read product reviews, and they often mix different items from the same vendor into the reviews and I end up reading reviews on things I am not interested in. Or not even certain what product I am reading about. 


@Shelbelle 

 

I too have had some nightmare experiences with Amazon both from them and 3rd parties...3 strikes and they were OUT as a retail option for me. 

 

And you are right about Amazon's pricing---This was way before Co-Vid, an Amazon Executive confirmed their pricing game in one of the financial journals---Lets say Target has Shark vacuums on sale, they will lower the Amazon price to beat Target, and then raise prices on other items to make up for it....While most retailers do this on a few items, Amazon does this on thousands of items daily.  He said that customers just assume Amazon has the lowest price so they don't even shop around, so Amazon gets away with it.... One person here on the Forum posted that she watched the price of a handbag go from $149 to $489...SMH!!! 


@Spurt , I remember the poster watching the price of that handbag.  It was crazy.  I always check my prices and sometimes Amazon is cheaper and sometimes they are not.  Just yesterday I was in a store looking for a product and while in the store I checked Amazon and they were more money for the exact same product.  Obviously I bought it from the store. 

 

I have also noticed that items that are mentioned by some influencers on YT also drive the price up.  I was watching one of the beauty influencers talking about stuff she purchases from Amazon because it's so much cheaper.  One of the products was a particular drugstore bronzer.  The price of the bronzer nearly tripled in price on Amazon when her video went up.    

Honored Contributor
Posts: 28,233
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: First bad experience with Amazon


@LipstickDiva wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I have never found Amazon as pleasureable to shop with as many others do. I dont care for some of their selling practices. One day something can be priced very reasonably and the next day sky high, and back and forth like this. I also dont like that since Covid they offer no phone service, makes me a bit nervous about buying. I seem to find better prices and deals on ebay. 

Also I love to read product reviews, and they often mix different items from the same vendor into the reviews and I end up reading reviews on things I am not interested in. Or not even certain what product I am reading about. 


@Shelbelle 

 

I too have had some nightmare experiences with Amazon both from them and 3rd parties...3 strikes and they were OUT as a retail option for me. 

 

And you are right about Amazon's pricing---This was way before Co-Vid, an Amazon Executive confirmed their pricing game in one of the financial journals---Lets say Target has Shark vacuums on sale, they will lower the Amazon price to beat Target, and then raise prices on other items to make up for it....While most retailers do this on a few items, Amazon does this on thousands of items daily.  He said that customers just assume Amazon has the lowest price so they don't even shop around, so Amazon gets away with it.... One person here on the Forum posted that she watched the price of a handbag go from $149 to $489...SMH!!! 


@Spurt , I remember the poster watching the price of that handbag.  It was crazy.  I always check my prices and sometimes Amazon is cheaper and sometimes they are not.  Just yesterday I was in a store looking for a product and while in the store I checked Amazon and they were more money for the exact same product.  Obviously I bought it from the store. 

 

I have also noticed that items that are mentioned by some influencers on YT also drive the price up.  I was watching one of the beauty influencers talking about stuff she purchases from Amazon because it's so much cheaper.  One of the products was a particular drugstore bronzer.  The price of the bronzer nearly tripled in price on Amazon when her video went up.    


@LipstickDiva 

 

Great point about the "Influencers" too....Some shoppers trust Amazon too much and its wise to do check things out and do your homework like you did! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,168
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: First bad experience with Amazon

I hope you get this straightened out quickly. Good luck!
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,909
Registered: ‎01-14-2017

Re: First bad experience with Amazon


@shoekitty wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

@granddi wrote:

I've shopped on Amazon for years and had only good experiences.

 

I ordered a headboard about 3 weeks ago $168.00.

Checking the order status today, my order says ordered delivered to the front desk and signed for by Bett! I live in a single family home. There is no front desk. I went to the site to report that I did not receive my item. I noticed a tab "about the seller"

 

My item came from BULGARIA!! good luck to me getting this straightened out.


@granddi Call 1 (888) 280-4331. This is Amazon's Customer Service. They will fix your problem.  Had something that was delivered to a different address. The CSR sent me a new item and told me that if the neighbor that got my order returns it to me to just keep it. The service was fantastic. The Chat was a joke, Definitely call. 


Shoekitty said:  yes te chat is a joke.  I think some of the agents on CHAT do not speak english, and have our  chat requests translated to english before they answer.  There  is too in between, and the answers are just weird, and typical English sentences.  At leasttwo of my calls i suspected tis.  I spent 2 hours not  online  to get a few texts to her, with all kinds of promises and such.  Nothing had any results.  All talk and promises.  When I called to get it straightened out, it was just as bad.  I had to stop the agent and actually say  ", i have spent  2 hours online with no results, i am in a hurry.  Please do not repeat what I say, I needto get this done, thank you so much."  And then he said, i unnderstand you have spent 2 hours online, and had no results.  I understand you are in a hurry"  GOOD LORD  in that time he couldhave got my name and address.  I feel like I am taking to a repeating Parrot


This has not been my experience.  I had a product past the return date that stopped working.  Through chat I was sent a replacement.  It did take a little bit of time.  He asked me to chat with the vendor, who then said I had to go thru Amazon, but then I received the replacement product PLUS some spare parts.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,909
Registered: ‎01-14-2017

Re: First bad experience with Amazon

@granddi I have had good results soliving problems with Amazon.  You should achieve a good result because you have not received the item.  I am sure they will replace the product or credit your card.  My scary scenario is buying expensive furniture and it being defective/broken.  They have some heavy-large pieces that I like and I have been afraid to order because once the item is in my apartment, package open, I don't think I could return.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,924
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

Re: First bad experience with Amazon

[ Edited ]

@granddi wrote:

I've shopped on Amazon for years and had only good experiences.

 

I ordered a headboard about 3 weeks ago $168.00.

Checking the order status today, my order says ordered delivered to the front desk and signed for by Bett! I live in a single family home. There is no front desk. I went to the site to report that I did not receive my item. I noticed a tab "about the seller"

 

My item came from BULGARIA!! good luck to me getting this straightened out.


Got word from the seller that they would issue credit.

Followed by an email from Amazon that refund had been issued.

So I think all is well.