Respected Contributor

Re: First bad experience with Amazon

I received a box with my correct address on it, but the name was addressed to someone else.  

Not sure if I should return it, open it in case there is a packing list inside with the correct address or call.

I mentioned it to my neighborhood facebook group, but no one has responded.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

I have never found Amazon as pleasureable to shop with as many others do. I dont care for some of their selling practices. One day something can be priced very reasonably and the next day sky high, and back and forth like this. I also dont like that since Covid they offer no phone service, makes me a bit nervous about buying. I seem to find better prices and deals on ebay. 

Also I love to read product reviews, and they often mix different items from the same vendor into the reviews and I end up reading reviews on things I am not interested in. Or not even certain what product I am reading about. 

@Shelbelle 

I too have had some nightmare experiences with Amazon both from them and 3rd parties...3 strikes and they were OUT as a retail option for me. 

And you are right about Amazon's pricing---This was way before Co-Vid, an Amazon Executive confirmed their pricing game in one of the financial journals---Lets say Target has Shark vacuums on sale, they will lower the Amazon price to beat Target, and then raise prices on other items to make up for it....While most retailers do this on a few items, Amazon does this on thousands of items daily.  He said that customers just assume Amazon has the lowest price so they don't even shop around, so Amazon gets away with it.... One person here on the Forum posted that she watched the price of a handbag go from $149 to $489...SMH!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

Amazon was easy in the beginning and now it has turned into a nightmare. I'm a senior who is in quarantine and needed groceries and did it twice until I looked at the prices and getting it from individuals selling on Amazon. I paid 14.00 for baggies storage bags plus tax and shipping because it wasn't covered by Prime. Now the prices have tripled so buyer beware. As if Amazon wasn't making enough money before can you imagine what there profit is today because of Corona 19 pandemic.

Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

I received a box with my correct address on it, but the name was addressed to someone else.  

Not sure if I should return it, open it in case there is a packing list inside with the correct address or call.

I mentioned it to my neighborhood facebook group, but no one has responded.

@CAcableGirl2 I would call Amazon CS and explain the situation. They might just tell you to keep the item, but it might clear it up for the person who was supposed to get the item....or not, but at least you tried.

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I have never found Amazon as pleasureable to shop with as many others do. I dont care for some of their selling practices. One day something can be priced very reasonably and the next day sky high, and back and forth like this. I also dont like that since Covid they offer no phone service, makes me a bit nervous about buying. I seem to find better prices and deals on ebay. 

Also I love to read product reviews, and they often mix different items from the same vendor into the reviews and I end up reading reviews on things I am not interested in. Or not even certain what product I am reading about. 

@Shelbelle 

I too have had some nightmare experiences with Amazon both from them and 3rd parties...3 strikes and they were OUT as a retail option for me. 

And you are right about Amazon's pricing---This was way before Co-Vid, an Amazon Executive confirmed their pricing game in one of the financial journals---Lets say Target has Shark vacuums on sale, they will lower the Amazon price to beat Target, and then raise prices on other items to make up for it....While most retailers do this on a few items, Amazon does this on thousands of items daily.  He said that customers just assume Amazon has the lowest price so they don't even shop around, so Amazon gets away with it.... One person here on the Forum posted that she watched the price of a handbag go from $149 to $489...SMH!!! 

A few items for most retailers and thousands for Amazon is a false comparison.   Percentage wise a few items for most retailers could well be higher than thousands for Amazon.

Excerpt from:  retailtouchpoints.com/resources/how-many-products-does-amazon-carry

How Many Products Does Amazon Carry?

Like everything else about Amazon, its product count is massive — even if you don’t count the enormous contributions of the 185,000+ sellers on the Marketplace. Amazon sells more than 12 million products, not including books, media, wine and services. When Amazon Marketplace sellers are factored in, the total product count balloons to more than 353 million.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle 

A few items for most retailers and thousands for Amazon is a false comparison.   Percentage wise a few items for most retailers could well be higher than thousands for Amazon.

Excerpt from:  retailtouchpoints.com/resources/how-many-products-does-amazon-carry

How Many Products Does Amazon Carry?

Like everything else about Amazon, its product count is massive — even if you don’t count the enormous contributions of the 185,000+ sellers on the Marketplace. Amazon sells more than 12 million products, not including books, media, wine and services. When Amazon Marketplace sellers are factored in, the total product count balloons to more than 353 million.

@Marp 

Sorry for the confusion....Thats the comparison Amazon's Executive in the article I read said....it was a quote from him..... didnt post the link because only subscribers to the journal can read it....The point was BUYER BEWARE on Amazon's price tricks...comparison shop---Amazon's price shouldnt be assumed to be the lowest...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

If you have no luck with the seller, Amazon takes responsibility. They have an A-Z return and refund policy. I agree with everyone else. Absolutely contact Amazon Customer Service.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@K9buddy wrote:

Call Amazon directly and explain what happened. 

Had my first bad expierience today, could not complete an order after putting it in 8 times. Went on chat line, no place to type in my problem. Went to QVC got the one thing I wanted then went to the factory and got the second thing.I order a lot from Amazon, but won't spend half my day like this again. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:

@granddi wrote:

I've shopped on Amazon for years and had only good experiences.

I ordered a headboard about 3 weeks ago $168.00.

Checking the order status today, my order says ordered delivered to the front desk and signed for by Bett! I live in a single family home. There is no front desk. I went to the site to report that I did not receive my item. I noticed a tab "about the seller"

My item came from BULGARIA!! good luck to me getting this straightened out.

@granddi Call 1 (888) 280-4331. This is Amazon's Customer Service. They will fix your problem.  Had something that was delivered to a different address. The CSR sent me a new item and told me that if the neighbor that got my order returns it to me to just keep it. The service was fantastic. The Chat was a joke, Definitely call. 

Shoekitty said:  yes te chat is a joke.  I think some of the agents on CHAT do not speak english, and have our  chat requests translated to english before they answer.  There  is too in between, and the answers are just weird, and typical English sentences.  At leasttwo of my calls i suspected tis.  I spent 2 hours not  online  to get a few texts to her, with all kinds of promises and such.  Nothing had any results.  All talk and promises.  When I called to get it straightened out, it was just as bad.  I had to stop the agent and actually say  ", i have spent  2 hours online with no results, i am in a hurry.  Please do not repeat what I say, I needto get this done, thank you so much."  And then he said, i unnderstand you have spent 2 hours online, and had no results.  I understand you are in a hurry"  GOOD LORD  in that time he couldhave got my name and address.  I feel like I am taking to a repeating Parrot

Valued Contributor

Amazon is really good about setting up a dispute resolution case for you. I bought something from a seller in Germany and it turned out to be a fake. The seller didn't want to do anything about it so I called Amazon and they got it settled within 48 hours. Got my money back.