Esteemed Contributor

it is 98 right now in Central Florida!

Honored Contributor

Almost here in full for me but not quite. Half the week 95+ temps in full Indian summer, the other half of the week fog and temps in the 70s, nights in the 50s. I have the window both open and closed, depending. Some nights I sleep in sweats, some in a sleeveless shift. Nothing has settled down yet.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

@Moonchilde - We are having the same weather as you mentioned.  We are supposed to get much warmer by the end of the week with high pressure moving back over us.  Just hoping we don't get Santa Ana winds again.  Everyone gets grumpy and people with allergies suffer, not to mention the fire danger.  Are you in So. Cal by any chance?

Honored Contributor

@WORKING GAL wrote:

@Moonchilde - We are having the same weather as you mentioned.  We are supposed to get much warmer by the end of the week with high pressure moving back over us.  Just hoping we don't get Santa Ana winds again.  Everyone gets grumpy and people with allergies suffer, not to mention the fire danger.  Are you in So. Cal by any chance?

@WORKING GAL, born and raised in SoCal, moved to the Central Coast a year and a half ago. The weather is better! The inland areas get every bit as hot as SoCal, but the coast stays nice most of the time - always cooler than the SoCal coast. As someone with allergies, I do NOT miss the Santa Anas! They used to make me miserable.

Trusted Contributor

@Moonchilde- I envy you living on the central coast.  I'm in Ventura County not too far from the San Fernando Valley.  Our daughter lives in San Antonio and we have 11month old twin grandsons.  We spent 6 weeks there last year so we could be there when they were born and help out.  We're heading back there again so we can be there for their first birthday. We miss them so much. I'd love to move there because living expenses are so much less and no state tax.  Just don't know if I can take the heat and humidity for such long periods of time.  I don't enjoy living in AC 24/7 for at least 6 months of the year.  Decisions, decisions, decisions!!!!  Nice to chat with you.

Honored Contributor

@WORKING GAL, likewise ;-)

I’ve lived all over SoCal from the Valley to OC and many places in between, the last 18 years in West LA before I moved. I got tired of the heat, the traffic and the high cost of living in every way, as well as just too many people. 

The pace of life here is slower (well, I am retired, lol), more “country”, generally much cooler and with much less traffic - except that many major roads are only 1-2 lanes and that can be an issue.

Enjoy your grandbabies!