Valued Contributor

Re: Favorite Childhood Foods

Bosco

Honored Contributor

Nilla Wafers, Fig Newtons, Cheerios, and when I was really little, braunschweiger for some reason. But My heart belonged to candy.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Does anyone remember Royal Shake-a-Puddin"? You added water to the paper cup it came with, shook it up and then ate. I remember it being pretty bad, but when your a kid you'll eat pretty much anything!

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne 

Me too  I got out the saltines and butter.  I put a slice of butter on each cracker, stacked them tall and went to my room..read my movie magazines.  I would cut bologna into 4 slices and put on saltine too.  Great vehicle

Honored Contributor

@pprmntstx wrote:

Bosco

@pprmntstx 

image.png

Oh, definitely!  It was the only way they could get me to drink milk.  Bosco or strawberry Quik

image.png

Which usually resulted in hives.

My Bosco came from the iconic rocket bottle.

image.png

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Penny candies from large jars at the Community Store....any kind each of us picked, put into a small paper bag to enjoy although, we had to close the bag around the long licorice sticks!  Our parents would not allow us kids to take our bikes, had to walk to the Community Store and what fun walking home munching our sweets!

My mothers homemade pies, brownies, red velvet cake, yeast rolls, chicken pot pie, beef stew, bean soup and pot roast!

Respected Contributor

Re: gFavorite Childhood Foods

[ Edited ]

Loved peanut butter on saltines.  It was our Friday lunches in lent.  

Sometimes jelly on saltines too.  

A big big bag of penny candy for .25 before the movie.

Nestle quik in that square box we did not like ovaltine.  

And.....ick.....my mom fried spam, very thin, I loved it!  I made it about 10 years ago, it was NOT the same.

Loved HI C.   Especially the fruit punch.  We did not like tang. 

Chips from the Charlie chips driver.  We rarely got this treat.

Double popsicles.  I remember the box of 24 were a summer staple.

Contributor

At the pool, with one quarter, I would get a strawberry or chocolate marshmallow pie and a bag of chips, then still had 15 cents for later.

Swam, then with a dime, order up a cherry soda and cheese popcorn,  

Last 5 cents, either a Hershey with almonds or a frozen snickers or a zero bar.  

Good thing I was active.  Swam from 1:00 to 5, home for supper, back swimming till 9:00.  

Good times~~