Honored Contributor

My father has been gone for almost twenty one years and here I sit getting weepy. My father was the best man I've ever known, to quote Gabby Barrett "He's one of the good ones". If you are blessed to still have your dad, tell him how much you love and appreciate everything he did for you. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 My thoughts are with my dad today too.  He has been gone for 40 years now, it was just after my 21st birthday.   He was 49 years old.   While I hold him in my heart always, I too get teary eyed at times but I also have happy thoughts of him.  He was such a good dad Smiley Happy    Yes, if you still have your dad you are very lucky.

Honored Contributor

Re: Father’s Day

[ Edited ]

For all those who celebrate,

Cool Gold Text Effect Happy Father's Day GIF

Happy Father's Day In Heaven

Honored Contributor

My father is with me in spirit everyday, what a gift that is.  He taught me perseverence and fortitude.  He guides me to be the best person I can be.  Thanks Dad.

Trusted Contributor

@ Jordan2, I completely understand. I cry with you. My daddy has been gone for 30 years. My mommy died when i wasa very young child. We had only each other. All our family members had also passes. I would give my right arm just for a little hug. I  now am in my 70 years and miss him every day. I'm thinking of you today also Jordan. Your dad is with you every moment.

Respected Contributor

My thoughts are with you all. My dad passed almost 28 years ago and he is still sorely missed.

Honored Contributor

I was lucky to have had my wonderful dad until he was almost 93 years old; he died in 2009.  He dearly loved breakfast so I always took him out to breakfast on Father's Day.  I just told him this morning that it was time to get ready to go eat. Miss him so much.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

My father has been gone for almost twenty one years and here I sit getting weepy. My father was the best man I've ever known, to quote Gabby Barrett "He's one of the good ones". If you are blessed to still have your dad, tell him how much you love and appreciate everything he did for you. 

@Jordan2    My father has been gone for almost 22 years & I concur with all you & the other posters have said.  Not a day goes by that I don't think of him & miss him so.  Love you Daddy.  Heart

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

Re: Father’s Day

[ Edited ]

My Dad was a happy, optimistic, and very funny guy. I never doubted his love for one minute. We lost him in 2016. He lived to be just a few days short of 89.  I'm so lucky to have had him for so long.  Till we meet again, Dad.

Honored Contributor

12 Free Father's Day Greeting Cards

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~