Trusted Contributor

Re: Fascinating eBay Find But That Price!

At least you are getting something for your money.  Google "invisible sculpture" for an unbelievable story.

Respected Contributor

Details about  BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S NY CITY CENTRAL PARK NEW YORK CITY WEDDING OIL PAINTING

Item Information
Condition:
--not specified

Condition is used.

Price:
US $9,600,000.00

Best Offer:

Delivery in 4 days
Ships from United States
Free local pickup

Pickup:
Free local pickup available.

Shipping:
$176.55 Expedited Shipping 
Listed American Award Winning Artist. Vivian Ogea Allen. She is also an author and writer of books.  Artist is well known for her Beatnik paintings.Beatniks are the artist's story of a couple, Mme. V and Ivan ( a musician )living in New York City, near Central Park, with their cat Lil. Her Beatnik paintings were inspired by Breakfast at Tiffany's, per the artist's own biography. 

Title is A Lilac, Wisteria, and Jasmine Wedding. Painting dates to March 2007 and is an original signed oil painting on gallery wrapped canvas, varnished by artist.

Artist used the finest quality archival canvas, paints, and varnish. Overall size is 23 7/8 inches by 29 7/8 inches, which would be classified as 24 inches by 30 inches, but sometimes when manufacturing canvases for size, the size is not exact ).  Condition is very nice and clean, with NO repairs and NO crazing. I see NO flaws on front of painting. The pencil writing on the back of painting,  has one smudge, which is as received. Painting has been displayed, but not framed, as this is deep wrapped gallery canvas and framing is not necessary. The artist signed on front and wrote on back. I purchased this painting directly from the artist. This is number 401 of her paintings. Of all her paintings, this painting was painted for an actual genuine wedding in her family. This history is significant, as this painting represents the artist's family and  three generations, and she is also in the painting. I am 100% certain as to the provenance, as I spoke directly to the artist on the phone about this painting. The artist is portrayed in the green dress with her hair up, and glasses on. Of all her paintings, this is one of her largest, if not her largest, and in my opinion, her best. The painting takes place in New York City, in a church near Central Park. Lil, the Siamese cat is seen, a small detail of the last supper is painted, a cross, church windows, with an angel and nativity scene, flowers, ribbons and flowers, the Bride and Groom, Bride's maids, Best Men. Artist solely reserves all rights and copyright. I cannot give out names of people or who's wedding this was, only the artist can do that. Please note colors may vary in person (as different monitors show colors differently ). Colors are of a tea, coffee darker brown, and perhaps not as bright as some auction images shown, as I had to use a camera flash. Please note, because this is wedding picture, and as the seller, I do not wish this painting purchased, used and returned to display for a wedding, NO RETURNS.

Also, I reserve the right to change the shipping method if necessary, due to the painting being fully insured for actual selling price, both in the US and outside of US. Painting shall need to be signed for and shall be fully insured.  

This is from the same seller.  I missed this one.  Note the selling price.
"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

@DecorDiva   Unbelievable!!

On a positive side, the invisible sculpture has lots of "energy."

You also get a certificate of authenticity.

LOL

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@Mersha For that price you would think they would offer free shipping! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Mersha 

Note worthy but I'm not moved enough at any price!

Respected Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

If you want to have your socks knocked off, google "Red Square" painting.  AMAZING what that sold for.  Makes me want to take up painting!!!

@coffee drinker 

That is insane!

Painting blue square now...

Respected Contributor

I am thinking that I will let my dogs walk through different colored paint and then onto a large canvas.

It will be listed as creative, insightful, and a collaberation between two up and coming new artists.

It can be yours for a mere $10,000.  I will definitely offer free shipping to entice the buyer.

Respected Contributor

@Mersha If Hunter can blow thru a straw to "create" art, your dogs can walk thru paint and call it art!!!

Honored Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

Item Information
HALLOWEEN FOLK ART AUTUMN SCARECROW BLACK CAT PUMPKIN APPLE HOUSE PAINTING

Item Information

Condition is used.

Price:
US $25,000.00

Best Offer:

Ships from United States

Shipping:
$10.10 Expedited Shipping

Condition is used.

Original autumn harvest celebration painting carving on wood. As the artist, I cut the pattern on a scroll saw from poplar wood. The wood is 3/4 of an inch thick.  Sides and back and front are all painted and are protected with a polyurethane finish. The polyurethane finish was put on in 1996. Wonderful folk art painting of an autumn green house with a cardinal bird, apples, a milk bottle, a pumpkin, black cat, scarecrow and pink rose buds. There is a lot of gold mica powder paint on this.  Back is initialed and has biblical verse. Condition is very nice and clean with some natural imperfections in the wood which give this a quaintness and charm. House can sit or stand on a shelf.  The background on one auction image is white paper and on the other auction image is our scanner bed. Due to the gloss finish, a perfect image is hard to obtain for auction purposes. Size is approximately 5 inches by 7 inches at widest and longest dimensions.  Please write any questions. We combine shipping costs, please wait for our invoice if combining. Thank you.

When I saw this, I figured it had to be a typo but all of their items are priced at a similar level. 

On a positive side, they are accepting "Best Offers."

@Mersha 

😯😯😯

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@DecorDiva wrote:

At least you are getting something for your money.  Google "invisible sculpture" for an unbelievable story.

@DecorDiva 

I heard about that....HILARIOUS....What's the saying "A fool and his/her money is soon parted"...........🤣🤣🤣...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”