Condition is used.

Price:
US $25,000.00

Best Offer:

Ships from United States

Shipping:
$10.10 Expedited Shipping

Condition is used.

Original autumn harvest celebration painting carving on wood. As the artist, I cut the pattern on a scroll saw from poplar wood. The wood is 3/4 of an inch thick.  Sides and back and front are all painted and are protected with a polyurethane finish. The polyurethane finish was put on in 1996. Wonderful folk art painting of an autumn green house with a cardinal bird, apples, a milk bottle, a pumpkin, black cat, scarecrow and pink rose buds. There is a lot of gold mica powder paint on this.  Back is initialed and has biblical verse. Condition is very nice and clean with some natural imperfections in the wood which give this a quaintness and charm. House can sit or stand on a shelf.  The background on one auction image is white paper and on the other auction image is our scanner bed. Due to the gloss finish, a perfect image is hard to obtain for auction purposes. Size is approximately 5 inches by 7 inches at widest and longest dimensions.  Please write any questions. We combine shipping costs, please wait for our invoice if combining. Thank you.

When I saw this, I figured it had to be a typo but all of their items are priced at a similar level. 

On a positive side, they are accepting "Best Offers."

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Re: Fascinating eBay Find But That Price!

Must be the gold mica paint, whatever that is (glitter?).  This "artist" thinks very highly of his work. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624   I figured it must have been a joke but the seller has many pages of listings and high feedback.

There is one item priced at $760,000.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

The expedited shipping is a bargain compared to some other places!!!

Respected Contributor

If you want to have your socks knocked off, google "Red Square" painting.  AMAZING what that sold for.  Makes me want to take up painting!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The ONLY way that piece could have a high price would be if it's an origonal Pricscilla Houser piece.

The painting isn't even that good.

I taught tole painting for several craft stores after school in the early 1980's.

Honored Contributor

Tempting to see if he'd be miffed if I offered him $20.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I guess the old adage that art is subjective comes into play here and something is worth whatever a person is willing to pay.

I think I will keep an eye on this and if it sells have my 8 yr old grandchild do some pictures for me to sell on ebay.  He does great scarecrows.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

The ONLY way that piece could have a high price would be if it's an origonal Pricscilla Houser piece.

I taught tole painting for several craft stores after school in the early 1980's.

@ECBG ...and I took a tole painting class around that time! Smiley Happy We painted a heart, chalkboard and some candle sticks.   It was fun.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG ...and I took a tole painting class around that time! Smiley Happy We painted a heart, chalkboard and some candle sticks.   It was fun.

@haddon9 

I loved it!  I have 1/2 of a village done on the top of a small 1 1/4 ft  x 24 in chest!  I never got around to finishing!  The horse took a whole day!

Priscilla had done the WHOLE village and people around a wooden kitchen table!  OH!  I would love to have that table!  It would be worth at least $20,000!!!

I would never give it up!