Esteemed Contributor

I need to change my email address to get on Facebook - please tell me how to do it.

Esteemed Contributor

Is facebook asking you to change your email address?

or

Did you get a new email address?

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

You should not have to change your e mail addy to get a FB acct.

Honored Contributor

You don't need to change it unless you used a throw-away address.

Honored Contributor

kivah wrote:

I need to change my email address to get on Facebook - please tell me how to do it.

@kivah, If you've forgotten your email address needed to login to Facebook, you can try this:

"I can’t reset my password because I can't access the email address listed on my account.

You may be able to get back into your Facebook account by answering a security question, using an alternate email address listed on your account or getting help from friends. Keep in mind that you'll only see these options if you set them up.

To see if you have these options:

1. Go to the Facebook login page and click Forgot your password? or Can't login? in the top right.
  2. Fill out the form to identify your account.
  3. Select I forgot my password on the next page if prompted.
  4. Look at the list of email addresses listed on your account. If you don't have access to any of these, click No longer have access to these?
  5. Follow the directions provided to answer your security question or get help from friends, if you see these options, or contact your email service provider.

Once you get back into your account you can change your login email address at any time from your account settings. You can also log into Facebook with any email address you've added to your account."

link from Facebook help: https://www.facebook.com/help/132243923516844

~~~~~~

This also from Facebook help:

"You can also report a login issue by filling out this form: https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/357439354283890?rdrhc"

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova