Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

simple solution get off fb.being on here,is kinda like fb,although not as noisy 

@Luvsmyfam this place bears no resemblance to Facebook in my opinion.  While I may not like their interface that much, I'm not a fan of the obsessive moderation here either.  I'm a member of several helpful special interest groups where I can get a lot more help than I could here.  Even the Garden group here is very limited as to the info/help I can get compared to the Greenhouses & Gardens group on FB.  There's no Sewing group here or any Genealogy groups.  There's a Lost and Found Pets group where I can share and hlep people find their lost pets. And I have actually reunited 2 small dogs with their owner with the help of that group and identified a neighbor's wayward dog that someone had found so they, too, were able to reunite.

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

I get tons, and I mean tons, of "friend suggestions" and "people you may know."  Such strange photos and names such as that I couldn't pronounce if I wanted to. I'm sick of removing them all.  

Does anyone else get them?

Yes, I get them all the time. Don't know how to prevent that from happening though.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954   I have a facebook account....no friends, no photo, no profile.  I opened only to use marketplace.  I also get requests from people I do not know, I don't know why, since I do not interact with anyone on facebook.

Respected Contributor

Why do you need to remove them why can't you just ignore them.   then I think they just go away

Honored Contributor
I just ignore.
You also need to check your privacy settings. You may have you page and postings “public” instead of friends only.
Esteemed Contributor

To hide  "People You May Know" click on the three dots in the right

corner and they will disappear.

Respected Contributor

@rms1954   That's why I don't post.  I have had many that have pictures with weapons pointing at you.

I'm thinking if they are on mine, am I on theirs?????

No way no one is tracking me down.

I've sent numerous messages to FB to delete and they completely ignore my request.

Honored Contributor

Re: Facebook Question

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

I get tons, and I mean tons, of "friend suggestions" and "people you may know."  Such strange photos and names such as that I couldn't pronounce if I wanted to. I'm sick of removing them all.  

Does anyone else get them?

I set up pretty strict settings on FB but still get some. I never look at those "suggestions" because it'll trigger FB into showing more.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954  I get them all the time.  Remember, one of the original tenets of FB is to broaden everyone's circle of communication -- social networking.  Facebook and Instagram (FB owns Instagram) are always adding "Suggestions."

You can just ignore it, that's what I do,  If it bothers you though, you can change your settings.  I don't even pay attention to the Suggested Friends list anymore.

Trusted Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@rms1954  I get them all the time.  Remember, one of the original tenets of FB is to broaden everyone's circle of communication -- social networking.  Facebook and Instagram (FB owns Instagram) are always adding "Suggestions."

You can just ignore it, that's what I do,  If it bothers you though, you can change your settings.  I don't even pay attention to the Suggested Friends list anymore.

i get them and ignore them as well.  Facebook is my happy place as that is what I have chosen it to be. I have pretty strict privacy settings and I ignore the rest.