Respected Contributor

I bought the new IPad Pro. Anyone own this?

I have 2 iPad now, but they are at least 6-7 years old. One won’t update anymore. I just wanted a new one, and thought, oh.. why not? I like the convenience of the iPad vs a laptop. I only use it for pleasure, not for work or anything like that. 

Anyone own this one? What case did you get and where? It should be here on the 8th or 9th, and I’m excited! 

Honored Contributor

Re: I bought the new IPad Pro. Anyone own this?

I LOVE my iPad Pro.  It's just about velcroed to my hip.  I'm sure you will love yours. 

I use the Smart Cover that I ordered from a Apple. I don't have a case for it. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Trusted Contributor

I own an iPad Pro 9.7" and and iPad Air 4th generation. I buy my covers and cases for them on eBay. I make sure the seller ships from within the US, not from overseas. I pay with PayPal because they can settle disputes with venders. I am positive before I order that I am matching my iPad model to the seller's product. 

Never  had any iPad case deal go wrong. If you pick the case for your correct model the cases are custom fits. Very durable and well worth the bargain prices. You can always buy a proper fitting case from Amazon or directly from Apple for 2-3 times the price of anything on eBay.

Enjoy your new iPad Pro. You will love its vivid screen, instant response to touch and the fine features of the latest iOS. It is now extremely easy to move contents from your old iPad to the new one. You don't have to download from the Cloud, though that's still a way. Instead Apple provides an app at startup as you do the setup. It requires you to put the old and new iPad side by side and somehow it spills all of the old iPad into the new and sets up the icons identically on the screen. You might have to set a few preferences, but there is no suffering and wondering if you lost anything.

OK, I'll qualify that:  I duplicatrd  the contents  of my iPad Pro 9.7 to the new iPad Air 4 by the manner I've described.  My okder iPad wasn't all that old. If your old one is really old, I don't know the compatibility of this transfer app from Apple. Just be aware it might go really easy.  Stay open minded and ready to enjoy it faster!

Hope I've helped. 

Respected Contributor

I bought the 12" iPad Pro and the Smart Keyboard from Apple that acts as a cover too.   You don't need a separate cover with the Smart Keyboard.  I do have a small laptop case that will work with the iPad while it is on the keyboard.  Great purchase and is my first iPad.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

@wvumountiefan I didn't have another iPad to set up my Pro so I did the manual set up and that went well.  Not a big problem and I was able to set up my email and all.  Just letting you know.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Super Contributor

@wvumountiefan  I was debating between an I Pad pro and MacBook Air.  Can't decide. I don't use my older iPad for work only pleasure also. 

Respected Contributor

@Rose429 I use my MacBook Air for my work horse. My ipad is for fun and games or enjoying this forum.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gidgetgh wrote:

I LOVE my iPad Pro.  It's just about velcroed to my hip.  I'm sure you will love yours. 

I use the Smart Cover that I ordered from a Apple. I don't have a case for it. 

Same here. Got it last summer. Love it! (I'm sure I don't even utalize every feature I can on this. I have the smart cover/keyboard also.

I too had an old Ipad 2 this replaced that I had 7 years...it also had stopped taking updates and was ridiculously slow.

I got the smaller one (I think 11") though the bigger one 12" isn't much more money...I just felt I wanted it to remain small, compact, light, tablet size rather than laptop size. Occasionally, when watching Netflix on it (HD picture is awesome!) I've thought a bigger screen would be nice. Still picture is so great it really doesn't bother me being smaller. 

Depends on your preferences. Good luck with it!

Honored Contributor

@Rose429 --me too, Rose!  I have 2 ipads the 9 '' size that I love but my Lenova laptop is the main computer for me, , which I also love is starting to be a little more finicky lately--think it is 4-5 years old now. that dang Microsoft Edge is doing all sorts of dumb things to it---would like to look at the Mac that is a desktop----lots of $$ for it tho--about $1400 without bells and whistles but think I would have it a very long time--this getting a new PC every 4 or 5 years is getting annoying----

Respected Contributor

@gizmogal   Thank you for all the info! You gals are so helpful!