Honored Contributor

I get tons, and I mean tons, of "friend suggestions" and "people you may know."  Such strange photos and names such as that I couldn't pronounce if I wanted to. I'm sick of removing them all.  

Does anyone else get them?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

simple solution get off fb.being on here,is kinda like fb,although not as noisy 

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

Not an answer to my question.  If I didn't want to be on FB I wouldn't be.  Don't get what you mean by "being on here."

Honored Contributor

@rms1954   If you're getting friend suggestions for people you don't know, I think it must be your settings.  Look carefully at your settings.  It might be the way your privacy settings are set up.  I'm not sure how to tell you to set them, but can only say that my friend suggestions always tell me how many friends we have in common.  

I don't always know who they are, but we always have friends in common.  Maybe do a Google search with this question.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@rms1954  Are you using a PC to access facebook?

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

I get tons, and I mean tons, of "friend suggestions" and "people you may know."  Such strange photos and names such as that I couldn't pronounce if I wanted to. I'm sick of removing them all.  

Does anyone else get them?

I get the Friends pics also - HATE IT. I don't know if it could be deleted.

Trusted Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

"being in here" is nothing like being on facebook. It is much more restrictive "in here".

Honored Contributor

@spent2much wrote:

@rms1954  Are you using a PC to access facebook?

yes.

Honored Contributor

I don't.  I get an occasional strange Friend request, but I also don't think I have gotten any People you May Know notifications in quite awhile.  It may have to do with how you have your privacy settings set.

Besides the settings, did you know that you can select an audience for your posts?  When you post something, nest to your name in the upper left corner, there is a little icon.  If it looks like a globe, anybody can see it even if they aren't your friend.  You can click on it and change the audience to Friends or whatever other choices are available.  Once you do that before you hit the Submit button, all other posts will default to that audience.  If you go and change it after you hit the submit button then it's only for that particular post.  

The more you post as Public, the more open you leave yourself to predators trying to be your friend.  That won't fix the People You May Know.  I'm not sure what causes Facebook to send those out.  I haven't gotten any in a long time, maybe because I haven't added any new friends in a long time.

Trusted Contributor

@rms1954 

fb settings friend sugg.JPG