Occasional Contributor

I'm just curious if anyone notices that most of the hosts, and some of the guests do not answer questions on their Facebook accounts? I, along with a few others, was curious about a top Jacque Gonzales wore on New Year's Eve. so left a question on Facebook.  She never answered. I asked Amy, Clark's Shoes, about the nail color she was wearing two weeks ago. No answer. I realize they may be busy, but I'm sure they could afford to employ someone to manage their social media sites. Especially QVC. Also, when the hosts wear their own clothing they should realize they are going to receive questions. When I call the order operators the standard reply is it is the host's own clothing and not QVC. 

Respected Contributor

Most of them are probably busy. I know I got a couple pleasant responses from Jane Treacy. One of them she apologized for being busy.

Respected Contributor

My feeling is that FB is just another marketing tool.  The hosts don't have time or want to look through all the posts that they receive.  I have noticed some of them do have an assistant sometimes respond but that is very seldom.

Honored Contributor

sometimes they do, sometimes they dont.

they may do it via instagram or twitter.

it is difficult to go through a lot of posts and comments sometimes.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: Facebook Host Question

[ Edited ]

Yes I noticed this. Some hosts are very good at it and some rarely if ever answer a question.

In the past they used to have assistants or social media help that would go through and help them with their pages.  I'm not sure if they still have them or not after the last round of employee cuts at QVC.  MBR said on her page that her social media helper was one that was let go during cuts.  

I wish they wouldn't encourage/require the hosts to mention their FB pages all the time.  The hosts tell people to come to their page and interact with them but so many times, there just aren't responses from hosts.    

I've noticed with some hosts that they only respond to questions about their outfit if it's something from QVC.  If it's not a Q item, they ignore the question. 

Occasional Contributor

Thank you to everyone for responding. I did not realize there had been employee layoffs at QVC. I guess bottom line the hosts do the best they can. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Alberti usually always responds with a like.

He also interacts a lot with FB posters.

I don't know if it is actually him.

I think it is though because he writes in the same personality that he speaks when on the air.

Who ever it is they are nice lol

He has a nice FB page.

Honored Contributor

Once you contact a host on Facebook,  you're stuck with them forever.   I can't figure out how to get rid of them.   I'm sick of Jennifer Coffee mugging on my Facebook page.  Others are just as bad. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@laramie1117

The way some of the hosts beg for you to like their FB Page you would think they would take the time to respond to at least a few inquires.....and especially when some beg for suggestions for their shows....

I have received replies from Carolyn, Valerie Parr Hill, and Jill Bauer.  No replies from Leah.   And a co-worker got a snarky response from Jennifer...So I guess it is hit or miss....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Frequent Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Once you contact a host on Facebook,  you're stuck with them forever.   I can't figure out how to get rid of them.   I'm sick of Jennifer Coffee mugging on my Facebook page.  Others are just as bad. 

You can unlike the page or unfollow or hide their updates @Kachina624.