Honored Contributor

a small gift that keeps on giving

My son sent me a picture , yesterday, or a childs watch *Santa * brought him for Christmas.

He was five ,and in first grade.  I  had forgotten  all about it.  I will confess, the fact her remembered it, and  searched  online for a picture of it , touched me deeply.

Sometimes,  little things, do mean a lot

What has touched you recently?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: a small gift that keeps on giving

@cherry The responses that I received from these Forums!

Regular Contributor

One of my sisters and I email daily and on the morning she left for a 9 day vacation I told her I would miss seeing her in my inbox. Well, I felt pretty special when one morning 2 days into her vacay I had an email from her. I thought it was so sweet that she took the time to connect with me when she was across the world and with her family. I just love her!

Honored Contributor

I have framed a crayon scibbled piece of art my son did in kindergarten, says to the world's best mom..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

When my daughter was in middle school one of her elective classes was mechanical drawing.

It's all angular lines and I have it framed.  

I see the Epcot dome in it, I see a cat sleeping under a patchwork quilt with it's little paw sticking out.

Honored Contributor

This past Saturday afternoon I played my VHS tape of my son's 5th birthday party for my DIL and my 2 and half year old granddaughter.  She loved watching it, especially when he went nuts over opening his Ghostbuster Proton Pack or whatever it was called, and the Stay Puff Marshmallow man.  Oh the hugs and kisses I got on that tape during the opening of gifts, priceless memories.

My son enjoyed watching the original tape as well.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

In a kitchen drawer with this and that I have a hot pad that my son made in kindergarten.  He just turned 58. He is the only child I have.

Respected Contributor

I'm not one for flowers/plants.  No green thumb here.  When my son was in elementary school he gave me some clipping in a paper cup.  I have had to repot that thing into a larger pot three times.  It has been sitting in my kitchen for 14 years!

Respected Contributor

Reading these responses-and other kind responses on other threads. Here we all are-strangers-and will probably never meet one another, but yet we connect.

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

I have a little note that is posted on the inside of the door of my linen closet. It is written in 'little boy just learning to write' handwritting (on Pooh stationary), and says "mom, clean out this closet really good. Love .......". He put that there one day when I was emptying the closet, washing all the linens and putting them back in. 

I smile every time I see it.