Respected Contributor

Re: Facebook Class Action Settlement

How can you prove that you browsed a site with the Facebook like button?

Honored Contributor

UPDATE.......

Those eligible have until Friday, Aug. 25, 2023

Who’s eligible?

Facebook users in the U.S. between May 24, 2007, and Dec. 22, 2022, are included and eligible to receive payment as part of the settlement, according to settlement administrators.

**FULL** ARTICLE:  miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article278133057.html#storylink=cpy

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@santorini wrote:

How can you prove that you browsed a site with the Facebook like button?

🕵  You obviously have not watched enough episodes of Criminal Minds.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Oh for heaven's sake...lol.  Get real.  Regardless of how naive anyone can be, anyone would immediately know that's a scam or a prank.  You would not even have the whole email.  It's ridiculous.  This is what scammers do, they draw people in based on green.  Guve people the idea that they get some cash out of something and a small percentage will give them the information they are phasing for despite how ridiculous the email or call is.  

@chrystaltree 

Where have you been?  No need to be so dismissive. 

It happens to be legit.   

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Oh for heaven's sake...lol.  Get real.  Regardless of how naive anyone can be, anyone would immediately know that's a scam or a prank.  You would not even have the whole email.  It's ridiculous.  This is what scammers do, they draw people in based on green.  Guve people the idea that they get some cash out of something and a small percentage will give them the information they are phasing for despite how ridiculous the email or call is.  

What is wrong with you? Your behavior is despicable. Were you not taught to treat others with respect?

Esteemed Contributor

Always glad i'm not on Facebook and never will be.

Esteemed Contributor

There was a news story by one of the three major local news stations that I follow on Facebook. This was back in May or June. They had already done the research but I did a little more just to validate the story and then I completed the online form a day or two later.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

UPDATE.......

Those eligible have until Friday, Aug. 25, 2023

Who’s eligible?

Facebook users in the U.S. between May 24, 2007, and Dec. 22, 2022, are included and eligible to receive payment as part of the settlement, according to settlement administrators.

**FULL** ARTICLE:  miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article278133057.html#storylink=cpy

@Mz iMac Thanks!  I completed the claim.  

Respected Contributor

Yes, thanks!  I completed the claim too.

Honored Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

No coffee this morning, wake up on the wrong side of the bed again this morning? 

I'm sure there was a nicer way to say it to get your point across.

AND btw, google Facebook Class Action Suit.....

@CelticCrafter , that poster never disappoints.  It's to the point of being expected.

100%.

A simple search shows it is accurate.