Honored Contributor

Facebook Class Action Settlement

I got an email in my spam folder about this but I didn't open the email, this kind of thing makes me suspicious. I looked on line and it seems to be on the up and up. I'm not filing a claim, I don't like giving information away and for what, a few measly dollars?

Respected Contributor

Re: Facebook Class Action Settlement

[ Edited ]

I don't know where you live or if it is a scam, but I'm in IL and FB just paid out $400 per litigant for a class action suit. 

Before I filled anything out I would research if it is legit 

Honored Contributor

Oh for heaven's sake...lol.  Get real.  Regardless of how naive anyone can be, anyone would immediately know that's a scam or a prank.  You would not even have the whole email.  It's ridiculous.  This is what scammers do, they draw people in based on green.  Guve people the idea that they get some cash out of something and a small percentage will give them the information they are phasing for despite how ridiculous the email or call is.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

Oh for heaven's sake...lol.  Get real.  Regardless of how naive anyone can be, anyone would immediately know that's a scam or a prank.  You would not even have the whole email.  It's ridiculous.  This is what scammers do, they draw people in based on green.  Guve people the idea that they get some cash out of something and a small percentage will give them the information they are phasing for despite how ridiculous the email or call is.  

No coffee this morning, wake up on the wrong side of the bed again this morning? 

I'm sure there was a nicer way to say it to get your point across.

AND btw, google Facebook Class Action Suit.....

Respected Contributor

No reason to be snarky.

@Jordan2  I would do research on line first before submitting any claims.  I have received $ from various class actions including Round up, but they have always been in my normal inbox, and didn't require personal information, other then a medical class action regarding the hospital charging "out of network" pricing on a emergency doctor when the hospital was "in network".

It's always good to ask, and post about it here, since many may have experience and be able to confirm that it's legitimate, or warn each other about a possible scam. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

You can google the lawsuit to see if it's legit or not.

We received $400 each for the previous FB lawsuit.  I forgot even filling out a claim for it back in 2020.

Valued Contributor

About two weeks ago, my daughter got 400 dollars that FB zelled into her account. I couldn't believe it.  She said she had to give her name, address and email.

But you may want to check it our further.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2   It's legit. 

I listen to Kim Komando talk radio from time to time & check out her website weekly.  She knows all the happenings in the tech world.  The FB class action is on her website.  Links to how to file & what proof you need to file the claim.

Want a cut of a $90M Facebook class-action lawsuit? Submit a claim now

By Charlie Fripp, Komando.com
June 20, 2022

Social media giant Facebook is no stranger to controversy. Earlier this year, parent company Meta settled a seven-year class-action suit for allegedly collecting and storing the biometric data of users without their consent.

Facebook users in Illinois went to court, stating that Tag Suggestions and other facial recognition features violated the state’s Biometric Information Privacy Act.

While that was limited to Illinois residents, another lawsuit includes more people. Read on to find out if this claim affects you and what you can do about it.

You may Like this

Known as In Re Facebook Internet Tracking Litigation  case, the class-action suit accuses Facebook of “improperly obtaining and collecting data” through third-party websites with a Facebook Like button.

The technicalities behind the data collection aren’t clear, but it allegedly happened between April 22, 2010 and September 26, 2011. If you’re a U.S citizen and browsed through websites with a Like button during that time, the lawsuit can include you.

While Facebook has denied any wrongdoing, it chose to settle the matter outside of court before it went to trial, where a judge will rule on the merits. The settlement amount is pegged at $90 million.

Submit your claim for a piece of the Facebook settlement

You must meet the following criteria to be eligible for inclusion and subsequent payout:

• You were a Facebook User in the United States from April 22, 2010 through September 26, 2011.
  • You visited non-Facebook websites that displayed the Facebook Like button.

You may submit a claim if you can prove the above. It’s impossible to tell how much you can get at this stage in the lawsuit, as the final payout will depend on the number of claims submitted and additional fees. All settlement class members will be paid in equal amounts.

You have until September 22, 2022 to file a claim.

For more information, contact the Settlement Administrator by email at info@FBInternetTrackingSettlement.com or by phone at 844-665-0905.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

No coffee this morning, wake up on the wrong side of the bed again this morning? 

I'm sure there was a nicer way to say it to get your point across.

AND btw, google Facebook Class Action Suit.....

@CelticCrafter , that poster never disappoints.  It's to the point of being expected.

Trusted Contributor

i receivedmy payout of several hundreds of dollars by simply doing what's listed in the prior email.  It was not a scam. Due diligence is suggested.