Esteemed Contributor

Re: 👍🏾**FREE** Amazon GrubHub+👍🏾

We have used GrubHub for Peel 'n Eat Shrimp from a local seafood restaurant and they are always still warm and delicious!  Like the free delivery with Prime!

Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

What types of food do you order? It seems that most of the food would have to be reheated. Anything fried would be soggy. Warm sandwichs or burgers would be cold. 

@granddi   I've only used GH twice.  My first order was Chinese food..pork fried rice & shrimp egg rolls.  Both arrived semi-hot.  The egg rolls I put in my "warmer" while I ate the pork fried rice w/o heating it up.

My second order was bbq ribs & a salad w/extra sauce on the side.  The ribs were warm & the salad cold.  Since I wasn't going to eat right then & there, I put the ribs in my warmer wrapped in aluminum foil & turned the temp up a notch.  The salad I kept in the fridge.  By the time I was ready to eat, the ribs were piping hot & my salad was cold. 

Since the restaurants & fast food joints are near me, I do not believe fried foods would be soggy.  Warm burgers & sandwiches would be "warm" by the time they reach me.  The 2 times I've ordered, the delivery time was 15-30 minutes tops.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@granddi   My orders are varied.  Appleby's, Shake Shack, Noma Pizza, Wiseguy Pizza, Taylor Gourmet, Chick-Fil-A, Szechuan House, and China City Lights, McDonald's, Subway, Prego Deli, Wisesmiller's, KFC, Potbelly, Mangialardo's,  Pizza Bolli (Indian food), Nando Peri Peri, Dunkin, and Jersey Mike's.

No problems with hot food or drink arriving hot, or cold food arriving cold.  No late deliveries and only  misdelivered order or missing item.

Have truly enjoyed the food and service and I don't drive so I am glad  to be able to "treat" myself to some of the suburban chains outside DC proper that I can't get to.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Respected Contributor

Wow @Mz iMac   Woman Happy

I poked my nose around for possibly joining this 24 month, GrubHub Deal with Amz Prime. And looks GREAT.  

As I was applying for it tho, I read something to the effect that permission is auto-given for GrubHub to have some level of access, or look-see, into my Amazon Account.

That stopped me from continuing to Apply..  Apparently there's an Opt Out feature to my Amz Acct access by GrubHub, but it seems to require some tricky set up, then sign up for GrubHub (ex joining with a different email addy then after joining, changing the email addy)

So I'll have until July 4? to decide and still receive this 2 yrs Free GrubHub.

THANKS for this info @Mz iMac  . 

Sounds terrific, esp if I can figure out removal of the specific interaccess, look-see from GrubHub into my Amz Acct info.

Does any of the above sound like your understanding of GrubHub look-see into One's Prime Amz Acct?.  Or did I misread something there?

Respected Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn   I have a Paypal account which I always use to pay Grubhub--so they don't see my card info--of course I can't use on Amazon--they don't accept Paypal and never have.

On Grubhub Paypal is on the checkout under a pull down for other cards when you checkout.

@Mz iMac   can better explain about "looking/accessing" your Amazon account.  I think they just need to get confirmation that you are an Amazon Prime member in good standing, but I could be mistaken, so I defer to her much greater computer expertise.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

Amazon Prime Exclusive

GrubHub+ Limited Time Offer

save 25% on orders of $20 or more, up to $20 off

use code 25FORDAD

offer valid though June 18, terms apply

Honored Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn   What aroc3435 stated:  "I think they just need to get confirmation that you are an Amazon Prime member in good standing"

"On Grubhub Paypal is on the checkout under a pull down for other cards when you checkout."

You can opt out GH look-see if you are NOT going to use the payment method you use on Amazon Prime.

Honored Contributor

I have a sneaky suspicion that this 2 yr extension will become permenant between 2024-5 for FREE for Amazon Prime members to boost membership.

I say this because I've only been a member not even a full month, only used it twice & already they offered me a FREE 2 yr extension????

Honored Contributor

Glad I saw this!  Just joined although I seldom order.  With no delivery charges, I might order more.  Now it's offering two years free.  Thanks for the heads up, @Mz iMac!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

no grub hub in vt Smiley Sad