Respected Contributor

Reveals Yr Current Air Quality (--> URL)

Here's a webpage that presents your current Air Quality (by Zip Code)

AirNow.gov

I felt I was too far from Canada to be concerned abt Air Quality.   But I was just raking outside, after abt 20 min, I found myself insatiably coughing, until some time after I donned a mask.

Suggest, Be Careful.  Lungs are difficult to replace.

Respected Contributor

Re: Reveals Yr Current Air Quality (--> URL)

It is really something, isn't it?!?  It is orange outside.  Never in my life have I seen something like this.

Honored Contributor

LaGuadia airport in NYC is closed.  NYC has its worst air quality ever recorded.  No end in sight for this.  Truly scary.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

LaGuadia airport in NYC is closed.  NYC has its worst air quality ever recorded.  No end in sight for this.  Truly scary.

Baseball games have been cancelled too.

Esteemed Contributor

I was going to do some weeding outside this afternoon but turned around and went in. Not worth it. Our news outlets are saying that even the N95 masks are not good enough. I've never seen anything like this. The color outside looks like we're about to have a tornado.

Honored Contributor

I hate to say it, but this isn’t new if you’ve lived in the west, especially the past few years.
Respected Contributor

Philly has just gone from Unhealthful to Very Unhealthful, and it is forecast to continue worsening.

Honored Contributor

Maybe we neeto muster our resources and send some help to Canada to get those fires out.  We have lots of hot shot crews and there's not much going on right now.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
I hate to say it, but this isn’t new if you’ve lived in the west, especially the past few years.

@bikerbabe    Happens every summer, just like clockwork.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Maybe we neeto muster our resources and send some help to Canada to get those fires out.  We have lots of hot shot crews and there's not much going on right now.

@Kachina624 

Colorado firefighters have been going up there since the Alberta fires began several weeks ago.