Honored Contributor

Re: FOR MY QVC TRAVELING FRIENDS PLEASE READ

@Lucky Dog wrote:

So sorry this happened to you.

I don't understand how your boyfriend texted the thief.  

If someone stole your phone, you could text your number (of course you would have to borrow another phone) and send that person (if they decide to read it) a message.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Lucky Dog wrote:

@Lucky Dog 

I know, right???

I feel that tug on my chain......

Image result for nervous cat gif

@KingstonsMom Not hard to understand at all....her BF still had his phone and he texted her number since the thief had her phone and sent a message.

Respected Contributor

@Pink123  Please keep us updated on your ordeal if any new information or resolution happens? I hope it never ever happens again.

This same woman I talked to goes on trips and gets a group together so she gets a free trip. She recently to Portugal and Spain also. Glad to hear that paperwork is over.

Esteemed Contributor

Hotels will have a listing of English speaking physicians available.  Take hard copy of your medical needs with you.  Usually not a problem.

Esteemed Contributor

I would say privacy and HIPA would prevent international health records.
Respected Contributor

If it's an iphone, you can track where it is if you had that set up on your BFs phone.

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Lucky Dog wrote:

@Lucky Dog 

I know, right???

I feel that tug on my chain......

Image result for nervous cat gif

@KingstonsMom Not hard to understand at all....her BF still had his phone and he texted her number since the thief had her phone and sent a message.

@haddon9  I too was wondering after reading the Thread. how was it possible to text the thief. Once @KingstonsMom  and @Lucky Dog asked the question then @Pink123  explained that her phone was in the bag that the thief took.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pink123   I'm so sorry this happened to you.   If your house keys and other keys along with identifying addresses were stolen, I hope you changed your locks.  Even though the theft occurred in Spain, bad operators have connections world wide.  you don't want to have more problems. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Super Contributor

I am so, so sorry that this happened to you. 

Respected Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

So sorry about what happened to you.  When I travel I am so paranoid that I strap everything to me.  Turns out the vacation is never all that fun since I am  always looking over my shoulder. I always have my passport, anf other ID's on me. 

But consider yourself lucky.  My mother many years ago was traveling and was in Brazil.  She was hit over the head, knocked down and her necklace was stolen. 

Strapping everything to you does not necessarily mean that it is safe. My sister had her wallet and credit cards stolen right out of her backpack purse that she was wearing on her front, in a metro train. She was standing up and she felt nothing, but looked down and saw it unzipped and realized she had been robbed. The real lesson is don't even bring it with you unless you want it stolen, and if it must come with you it needs to be under your clothes