Esteemed Contributor

Re: FOR MY QVC TRAVELING FRIENDS PLEASE READ

@Still Raining : OP mentioned that her meds included a controlled substance.  My DH is on Morphine for chronic extreme pain; I don't believe that there is any way to get a replacement for that, even if something unfortunate happened even while he was at home, let alone overseas ( with who knows what regulations).

Trusted Contributor

@Isobel Archer  No, sadly it was a Samsung Galaxy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Still Raining wrote:

Hotels will have a listing of English speaking physicians available.  Take hard copy of your medical needs with you.  Usually not a problem.

@Still Raining  Yes controlled substances are a problem. I called to my hospital in USA.  They would only report it to the Doctor on Monday.  She told me the Doctor on call was not mine and that he could do nothing anyway.

Separate your med's in several places and take more than necessary if someone gets sick  or some other circumstance.

Everything is easy to say if your not walking in someone's shoes.

I had two major abdominal surgeries in 7 months, got sepsis, abdominal abcess and in hospital 40 days last summer.  Yes, I will need my medications for quite awhile.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@patbz wrote:

@Still Raining : OP mentioned that her meds included a controlled substance.  My DH is on Morphine for chronic extreme pain; I don't believe that there is any way to get a replacement for that, even if something unfortunate happened even while he was at home, let alone overseas ( with who knows what regulations).

Your right @patbz  

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Lucky Dog wrote:

So sorry this happened to you.

I don't understand how your boyfriend texted the thief.  

@Lucky Dog 

I know, right???

I feel that tug on my chain......

Image result for nervous cat gif

@KingstonsMom Not hard to understand at all....her BF still had his phone and he texted her number since the thief had her phone and sent a message.

@haddon9  I too was wondering after reading the Thread. how was it possible to text the thief. Once @KingstonsMom  and @Lucky Dog asked the question then @Pink123  explained that her phone was in the bag that the thief took.

@Sage04 

EXACTLY! With a little clarification, it makes perfect sense, now!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom  I was begining to think that maybe they were psychic.

Valued Contributor

I'm sorry that happened to you, but I personally never leave luggage out of my sight when traveling if in a lobby, etc. If I have to set something down, it's directly in front of me, against my body. Anything valuable or meds if needed, I have in a crossbody, facing forward or tucked inconspicuously where I'd DEFINITELY notice if someone tried to grab it. I dont wear or flash anything "expensive" including jewelry. Leave the good stuff at home! It's just the world today we live in.

This goes for international and domestic travel for me.
Esteemed Contributor

@sometimesQVCaddict wrote:
I'm sorry that happened to you, but I personally never leave luggage out of my sight when traveling if in a lobby, etc. If I have to set something down, it's directly in front of me, against my body. Anything valuable or meds if needed, I have in a crossbody, facing forward or tucked inconspicuously where I'd DEFINITELY notice if someone tried to grab it. I dont wear or flash anything "expensive" including jewelry. Leave the good stuff at home! It's just the world today we live in.

This goes for international and domestic travel for me.

@sometimesQVCaddict  I wanted to say the same thing. Your luggage should be in front of you or leaning against you. Glad you said that.

Respected Contributor

@Pink123   I am so, so sorry to hear this.   What a nightmare.  I’m sad to see some of the responses.  Geez.  Easy to say when it is not them.  Please take care.  I’m sorry you lost a wonderful 3 week vacation.   Thanks for these reminders.  It could happen to ANY of us.  Glad you are home safe.  ❤️

I have not traveled internationally very many times.  Beside the Caribbean for several vacations, I went to Brazil twice for work.  I wanted to kiss the ground when I returned.  It was work with almost no time for anything fun.  Visited Europe also, again for work.  I think I’m good for domestic travel only at this point in my life.  I’m trying to decide if I want to even renew my passport which expires in two years. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lynnie61 wrote:

@Pink123   I am so, so sorry to hear this.   What a nightmare.  I’m sad to see some of the responses.  Geez.  Easy to say when it is not them.  Please take care.  I’m sorry you lost a wonderful 3 week vacation.   Thanks for these reminders.  It could happen to ANY of us.  Glad you are home safe.  ❤️

I have not traveled internationally very many times.  Beside the Caribbean for several vacations, I went to Brazil twice for work.  I wanted to kiss the ground when I returned.  It was work with almost no time for anything fun.  Visited Europe also, again for work.  I think I’m good for domestic travel only at this point in my life.  I’m trying to decide if I want to even renew my passport which expires in two years. 

@lynnie61  would you please tell me where in the Caribbean you visited? Want to see if I know those places. Thanks. I know the Caribbean.